8

I stood there kinda looking at the ground until he finally said it.

"..... Well, me and Y/N are kinda in a relationship but we didnt know how to tell you. We've liked each other for a long time but never really said anything."

"Is this true Y/N?" Keri asks me.

"Yeah." I say

"Well then, I'm really happy for you guys!" Keri says.

I look up at her, shocked. I didn't expect such a positive response. But I'm really happy.

Mom ✨

"Hey Y/N, time to come home. Maybe you can go back over tomorrow."

"Oh, ok mom. I'll be there in a sec.

"Ok."

"Hey, Daniel, my mom says I have to come home now. I'll talk to you in the morning."

"Ok, bye Y/N." He says and hugs me.

"Bye."

I walk out the door and to my house. When I arrive I noticed there was another car parked in the driveway. Thats weird. Who would be here at 9:30 at night? I opened the door and walked in. I smelled fresh, hot, cookies baking in the oven. Yum. I sat my stuff down and went over to hug my mom.

"Hi Y/N!" An unfamiliar voice says.

I look over and see a woman that I'd never seen before. But somehow she knows my name? That's odd.

"Hi." I say shyly.

"Oh, Y/N, this is my good friend Rose, and her husband Ed!" My mom says.

I didn't notice the man sitting on the far side of the couch. Ed gives me a small wave so I wave back.

"Sorry to surprise you like this but Ed and Rose were in town when they got a big rip in their tire and needed somewhere to stay." Mom says.

"It's ok." I say.

I mean, what's the problem, they look like perfectly nice people.

"They'll just be staying until their car gets fixed. " She added.

I didn't want to be rude but I wanted to go up to my room and go to bed. I'm really tired.

"I'm gonna head up to bed. Goodnight everyone." I say.

"Goodnight."

I walk up the stairs and to my room. To my surprise, there was a box of chocolates laying on my bed. How did that get there? There was a little note on it. It was from Daniel!

The note read, "Got these for you. Flew them through the window with my drone lol. Goodnight Y/N. Ily."

That instantly made my heart melt. That was so sweet. I looked out the window and saw Daniel at his window. He smiled at me and I smiled back. He waved at me and said goodnight. I did the same. Today was a long day. I changed into some comfy clothes and layed down. This was the best/scariest day of my life.