eighty six

the next day harry was talking with kendall, while his mum and gemma were down at the cafeteria grabbing something to eat. slowly, he was starting to feel just a tad bit better. he is still sore as hell, but he could move a bit more and he didn't feel so stiff anymore. he was finally able to get the oxygen mask off his face, and instead they tapped the tubes in his nose. the mask was so uncomfortable and put pressure on his face, so it left behind deep red marks on his face from being there for long hours.

the nurse had also adjusted his bed so that it was sitting up and harry wasn't lying down flat anymore, and he was able to see better and sit up making it easier to communicate. it also helped relieve the ache in his neck as well. he was feeling way better in this position, although obviously he was still not in a good condition. the medication was flowing through his body and numbing the pain for a little while until it wore off again. harry still has a long way to go to heal completely and feel normal again.

"ken you really didn't have to do that." harry tells kendall when she informed him that she had been managing his shop while he was away.

"it's really no big deal, i've been so used to working there with you, it was just a natural instinct." she replies. harry smiles softly.

"yeah, but you have your own business to manage."

"just shut up harry already, you're my best friend, obviously i'm going to help you when you need it." kendall says. harry sighs softly. he just hates how supportive she is sometimes. it makes him feel bad that she goes out her way to help him. he feels like he owes her so much for everything she has done for him and he fears that one day she'll get tired of it, if she isn't already.

"you really didn't have to.. but thank you.." harry mumbles. kendall huffs, reaching out to stroke harry's arm gently.

"i love you haz, don't worry about it."

"i love you too kennie boo." harry says softly. kendall smiles, then she leans forward to kiss harry on the cheek gently. he smiles at her, she was the definition of perfect in his eyes. anyone would be so lucky to have her as a friend, or a girlfriend or a wife one day. in so many ways harry wanted to be like her, but he was the furthest thing from perfect. in fact he the complete opposite, but harry's done enough sulking as of now. it wasn't going to make anything better, nothing he could do or say would make anything better. kendall watches harry, she can tell that his whole mood dropped and she feels bad. she really wishes he could be happy, but he needs to sort his life out first. she wants to say something to him, but she doesn't get a chance to when she hears the door open. catching both her and harry's attention. it's anne.

"harry." anne says walking over to them after shutting the door.

"what is it mumma? what took you guys so long? did you get lost on the way to the cafeteria?" harry jokes, trying to lighten to mood and make himself feel better. anne shakes her head, but she gives him a serious look, so harry frowns again. "what is it?"

"ben is here." she says flat out. harry's face drops and so does his heart, descending down into the very pit of his stomach. before harry could say anything, she speaks again. "i know you said you didn't want to see him, but he came anyway. he said he really wanted to see you."

harry felt sick to his stomach, like he was going to vomit all over himself. harry hasn't seen his face in almost five months now, but it felt like longer, it felt like he hadn't seen him in years. he hasn't heard from him since the last time he seen him, and he has never had the desire to check up on harry before so why now? why now of all times? oh yeah, because harry almost died, that's probably why. harry didn't actually think he'd ever see him again. ben made it pretty clear they were never getting back together, and that he didn't want nothing to do with harry anymore.