Donnie's Uncertainty

This is gonna be a very long oneshot! Better grab some popcorn....and tissues!

*Hands out popcorn and tissues*

Also...science talk is in this chapter, because why not? So um...enjoy! If you can understand Donnie's smart speech!

~*~

Donnie sat in his lab, working on his newest invention. He stood tiredly over his desk, sipping coffee.

He grabbed one of the metal pieces, and inserted it. "This will help us on missions for sure!" He grinned.

Leo walked by the lab and paused in the doorway. "What are you making?" He asked as he stopped to look.

Donnie looked up for a brisk moment before he continued working. "You'll see!" He responded with a smile.

Leo nodded and walked out of the room, turning on the TV to watch Space Heroes. Raph walked by with a comic, wincing at the noise coming from Donnie's lab.

"What's he doin' in there?" Raph commented. "He's makin' a racket." Leo shrugged. "He's invention something, from what I can tell."

Mikey walked by the lair, pouting. "What's up with you?" Raph asked as he glanced at his younger brother.

"Donnie made me get out of his lab, something about how he doesn't want me to mess up his creation." Mikey explained as he flopped on the couch.

All of a sudden, a loud explosion rang out through the lair as smoke filled the room. All the turtles started coughing as the lair shook.

"Is this an earthquake?!" Mikey yelped as he coughed. They looked around. Suddenly, the shaking stopped. "Oh...guess not!"

Donnie ran out of his lab, covered in ash and chemicals. "Are you guys okay?" He asked as he coughed.

The turtles waved their hands around to clear out the smoke and coughed. "We're alive, at least...what happened?" Leo asked wearily.

Donnie rubbed the back of his neck nervous. "Well...I sort of accidentally...blew up something in my lab."

Mikey smirked. "And you said I'd mess it up!" At that moment, Master Splinter walked in and stared in shock at the smoke billowing through the lair.

"W-What has happened?" He asked as he looked in the direction of Donnie's lab. A foamy substance was pouring out the door, getting bigger and bigger...and closer and closer.

Donnie's eyes widened as he quickly put something on the chemical to make it stop spreading....but he messed up, it spread even more, right into the path of his family.

The turtles and Splinter found themselves coveted by the substance as Donnie hurriedly dropped a blue liquid on the chemical.

They sighed in relief as the gooey substance evaporated away, but they were all covered in the purple goo.

"What just happened?!" Raph yelled as he struggled to wipe the slimy goop off his plasteron. "What is this gook?"

"It's a sodium triglyceride compound-" Donnie got cut off my Leo. "I don't care what it is! It almost killed us! And look what it did to the lair!"

"Yeah, and to me!" Mikey piped up as he was covered from head to toe in the gooey ooze. "Not cool, bro!"

Master Splinter scrubbed some of the substance off his kimono. "For once, I agree with Michealangelo...Donatello, clean up this mess, now!"

Donnie hung his head as he avoided the glares his brothers were giving him. "Hai sensei...sorry everyone."

Splinter simply nodded and left as the turtles glared at him still, muttering under their breaths as they walked out. "Messed up everything..."