Chapter 3

Present

Arnav pov

I saw as she entered the café she was dropped by a car. I didn't have the guts to face her, I sat in front of the cafe the whole day and I was rewarded with slight glimpses of her while working.
My heart felt at home just by seeing her. I wonder how it will feel to gather her in my arms again. I went into the café as it was nearing closing time.
I wanted to talk to her, to hear her voice. I sat by a window not having the guts to even look at her. I was blocked by a side wall so she couldn't see me but I could catch a glimple of her every now and then.

She was looking vibrant and happy.
But there was still a longing in her eyes, a bit sadness but her eyes held life in them.

It was just 2 of us in the café, as it was nearing the closing time. I didn't even realize the time, sitting in the car for hours just basking in her presence.

As she came from the kitchen she saw my back and slowly approached me hesistant, I knew she had realized my presence in her heart how could she not, she is my soul mate.

She sat in front of me we were silent the whole time. I always imagined how we will meet, always dreamt of the ways I will confess my guilt and profess my love to her. But now not a single word was coming out of my mouth.

She was the first one to speak but the words that came out of her mouth were not the one that I anticipated.

What are you doing here came to destroy my life again? she asked without emotion

A soft Khushi
came out of Arnav's mouth.

I knew Khushi would be angry and hurt but I never thought that she will talk so emotionlessly.

Khushi I know you are hurt. I.... I am sory I am here to take you back.
I know that you are hurt but I will make everything right, please I missed you, He said taking her hand in his, his heart felt contented but not for long as she was quick to pull her hand away.

What are you talking about Mr Raizada, this is my home and my family what I had there was toxic I am never gong back.

Khushi please come back I can't live without you,I am your husband.
Which marriage doesn't have problems, please let us solve it one by one.

I know this is your home but my home is where you are I will shift my business here.
We will take it slow but please give me a chance.

Please Khushi, Arnav said crying.

If only you had said the procamations of your love 10 years back we wouldn't have reached this position she said grimincing.

Please Khushi, Arnav said earnestly, please give our marriage,give me a second chance.

Khushi had tears in her eyes, but she said "not everyone deserves a second chance ,Arnav".

Listening this Arnav was shocked he never thought that his Khushi would say that.

And what marriage are you talking about, the 6 months one. I made sure I was already released from that binding before I left RM.

The marriage that always suffocated me.
The day I tried suicide I relized that I am loosing myself, my sanity, my everything and would have eventually ended up killing myself.
And the day you called me your Biggest Mistake I realised that you are not worth it,not worth the pain ,the humiliation and my love

Khushi!!!!
Arnav shouted how could you think of killing yourself.
I know I am not worth it but I will change myself for you please , He said his voice softening my the word.

Your habit of shouting at me never went did it Khushi Smirked and
Why are you shouting, you are the main culprit and had already drove me to sucide once. You forgot about that did you? Taunted Khushi.

I know my family and me never appreciated you but please don't talk like this.

Appreciate ? You guys never even thougth of me as a human, and you were the bigger culprit than your family did you ever try to tell them the truth no you always left me to fend for myself.

You proclaim that you love me, but have you ever did something to show me the love.
Other that abusing and mishandling me.

You never considered me as your family. I was just a scapegoat to your problems. If anything happened I was the reason, a marriage needs love. In fact, it might even survive on one-sided love but it requires trust and conversation which we never had.

I don't wish to see you again please get lost I hope you got your answers today. Said Khushi getting up from her chair.

I haven't forgotten our vows I will win you back. Arnav said determined.

If I remember correctly your so called vow was of hurting and degrading me every chance you got which you did and did spendidly Khushi retorted.

They fell in silence
The Khushi told him the words that shook the ground under his feet.

I have moved on you should too she said

How can you move on with someone else. He asked fury masking his emotions

Why can't I? atleast I didn't flaunt my affairs in front of you during are contract marriage she said

It was a farce please believe me Arnav pleaded.

I don't believe you. Why Should I?
Did you ever gave me a reason to trust you?
Khushi taunted as I have alredy told you Mr Raizada I have moved on. I found a guy that respects me , and considers my opinions what more could I ever want?
We got married 3 years back.

Is there no chance for me? even a slightest bit.
Cause even if I have a slightest chance a space in your heart I promise you I will leave everything and try to win you back
I don't care that you are married you know it won't hinder me . Arnav Singh Raizada told her baring his heart on his sleeve.

You don't deserve me.
This was the only reply he received from his Khushi.

His shoulders slumped , he was defeated.

I won't force you like always. I will always love you saying this Arnav went back to his car his slumped shoulders resembling a defeated man

I will always love you but
You deserve better, were his parting words

Never contact me again was her reply.

She gave up on him, He knows that in his heart, but was not able to accept it. The way he had treated her,how could anyone accept such humiliation.
Why would she wait for a Rakshas that destroyed her life and estranged her from her dear ones.
His Khushi was a woman who loved with her whole heart.
But she would never choose Love over Self respect.