MERCY

🍁Mercy🍁

"Walk slowly Baek! I've become weak,you know!", Yeol growled.

" Oh, I forgot, almost! But let's see who can find at first!", Baek smirked at Yeol.

It's a dark night, darkness is crashing over everywhere. They're walking over a long, pitch black road, empty!

"It'll be really hard today and I'm losing my energy, little by little", Yeol murmured under his breath. His one eye got damaged, so he had to replace it with an artificial one, a long way ago. He's walking on a slow motion.

Baek's long hair reached across his shoulders but he cut it off on a half with a bob cut, so rest of the long hair looks like an extension!
An ornamental fancy chain has been covering on his face, for so long that he couldn’t get rid off yet. Looks like he used it to beautify himself! But is it so?
Or it's something else? Might be!

All of a sudden Baek started walking faster than Yeol. He reached to a huge tree, following a sound.

" No Baek, please let me have it!", Yeol begged but Baek already got closer to the source of sound.

A girl, folding her legs and putting her knees close to her chest, was weeping bending her head over her knees. Her arms were locked around her knees.

"I got first, Yeol!", Baek winked at him.

" Just look at me! I need more than you tonight. I've to devote it to the Satan tonight or else I might lose my strength, or might end up losing any part of mine," Yeol started pleading while the girl got her head up.

She looked at Baek first, still weeping. Then Yeol came out of the shadow and the girl shrinked out of fear.

"Though I found out first but ok, you can have it but... ", Baek cut off his words when his eyes locked at her eyes.

He kept looking at her eyes for some moments and then spoke out, " Hey, what's your name?"

The girl couldn't utter a single word though she opened her mouth and made some meaningless sound.
Her dress was torn and she had so many scratches over her hands and legs as if she was molested, almost about to be raped!

"Baek, let me get her now. You can find some other to save. She already got some evil touches, so perfect for me to devote as offering!", Yeol muttered.

And the girl shrunk more listening to Yeol!

" Shhh! Let me hear first! No, wait! She can't speak Yeol! She can hear us, see us!", Baek snapped his fingers and she followed the sound, looking at Baek's hand!

Baek kept looking at her eyes. Yeol got frustrated and went near to her, pulling one of her hands being such impatient.

"Don't touch her! You can't have her Yeol!”, Baek hissed.

" How can you ditch your best friend, Baek? Once you made your choice and we both had to suffer like this and that!", Yeol pointed at his artificial eye and the chain on Baek's face, being so mad at him.

Baek and Yeol, both were Satan's devotees until Baek made a mistake according to Yeol. He freed an offering of Satan and let the kid return to his blind grandmother. He played a role of angel. And Satan disowned him with a curse that he might play a role like angel but he'll live less and put the chain over his face that he wouldn’t be able to take off. The more he'd try to get it off, the more it would cut his beautiful face!
So Baek stopped bothering himself. And since Yeol was there and couldn’t stop his friend from doing such mistake, Satan damaged one of his eyes.

"Fine! Once I went out of my league and became a cursed angel. I still regret for your eye Yeol. But please let me help her. I looked at her eyes where she's pleading for mercy upon her. Please let me help her. I can't let you have her. Please!", Baek begged to Yeol.

Baek forwarded one of his hands towards her to get up. Yeol made a fist, and punched on the tree. Baek didn’t look at him.

The girl took his hand to stand on her own feet.
" Are you alright? Can you walk?", Baek asked her.
She nodded.

And all of a sudden the chain from Baek's face fell on the ground!

A ghost voice kept saying "I only let you know the half of the curse back then, Baek! Now listen to the other half! The moment you choose someone over your best friend, showing mercy, you’ll be freed from your chain but you've to pay it back by losing your best friend. You can't get rid out of my curse, ever!
Ha ha ha!"

That evil voice of Satan vanished and Baek searched for Yeol. Yeol was on his knees, his body was perishing fast into ashes. Yeol stretched his hand towards Baek but before Baek could touch his hand, Yeol perished away!

Only a pile of ash was there.

24.11.19