Plan Pin-J

Crystal's pov

          It's been a week since my mom kicked me out.  Pin and I have gotten close over the days I've been on the island.  I basically know almost everything about him and he knows almost everything about me. Today is Friday, June 20th.  Apparently, there's some kind of barn dance tomorrow.  Becky, Jade, and Zoe keep pressuring me to come with them but I don't know.  I've grown to become friends with them but I'm not entirely sure we're at the 'go out and party together' stage.  I like to move slowly in a friendship.  "You surely didn't take your friendship with Pin slow."  Becky had said.  Pin was different.  I felt more . . . calm around him.  At the moment I'm penny boarding to the stables.  I had to carry my board on the dirt road that lead me over the moors.  But once I was on the paved road to Bright Fields I was on the board, swerving around the turns, and finally, I made it to the Bright Field Stables sign in front of the quiet buildings.  I wasn't intending to do any riding today because I took Soldier on a mile-long gallop the other day and as a racehorse, he needs to rest for at least a whole day before going out again.  So today I showed up in my normal everyday clothes.  I just wanted to hang out and maybe help Pin with his chores.  I put my penny board in the tack room and walked out into the yard where I found Becky, Jade and Zoe talking.  When they noticed me they pulled me by my arm to the hay bales.

"Woah.  Guys, what's wrong?"  I asked after they sat me down on a bale.

"We have some news."  Becky exclaimed.  I nodded my head and gestured for her to explain.

"Marcus asked Zoe to the barn dance!  And she accepted!"  Becky gushed.  My eyes widened and I looked over at Zoe who was awkwardly standing to the side.  

"Zoe!  That's amazing!"  I said.  But before I could ask more Becky shushed me.

"So now that our Zarcus ship is in action, we need our second one to be put to plan."  She said quietly like it was a really important secret.  I looked at her questionably.  

"And the second one is who?"  I asked.  Becky and Jade looked at each other and smiled.

"You and Pin obviously."  Jade muttered and rolled her eyes playfully.  Something inside of me started to curl.

"No..No. That's not happening."  I quickly stuttered.  The girls just smiled at me and giggled.

"C'mon we've seen the way he looks at you.  He totally has some sort of feeling  for you."  Becky exclaimed.  I shook my head and frowned.  But in my head, I was thinking really hard.  Does he really look at me a certain way?  I gotta be trippin' if I don't see it.  Jade spoke up, taking me out of my thoughts.  

"And the way he acts around her!"  She gushed.  Becky quickly nodded. 

"Yes!  I've never seen Pin open up around anyone like that.  Not even his dad."  She agreed.  

"What about me?"  Zoe asked.  We all looked at her.

"Before all the, you know . . . crazy horse thief stuff."  She said making awkward hand gestures.  More silence.

"I mean, he gave me his sweater!  That's something guys do when they like a girl."  Zoe reasoned.  Pointing a finger at us.  We nodded slowly before Becky spoke up.

"It's not . . . Zin, It's Zarcus, Zoe."  She said.  

"I know, I know I never said I liked Pin."  She said holding her hands up in a surrender gesture.  Becky and Jade turned back to me.

"Anyway, you need to ask Pin to the barn dance."  Jade said smiling.

"What!?"  I said a little too loudly.  Becky looked around nervously.