STARDUST Challenge 1 (Train way to Paris)

I grabbed my briefcase and stepped inside the train. I clenched my ticket as I took my seat in the farthest cart on the train. I took off my jacket and set it on the bench across from me. I propped my feet up on the bench and pulled out today's newspaper. The headline read, Master Thief on the Loose. I smirked and checked the time on a gold pocket-watch I recently stole. Did I mention I was the "Master Thief"? I set the newspaper down flat in my lap. I heard footsteps.

I looked out of the small slit of my carts' door and saw a man walking by with a briefcase in his hand. He looked to be the same age as me. He also appeared to be walking towards my cart. He opened the small door and sat down on the bench across from me. I pulled my feet off the bench and sat properly in my seat. I looked at my ticket. Destination: Paris, France. He looked like a man who would go to Paris, with his trimmed brown hair and brown coat with a silver pocket watch that glimmered in the trains lighting.

He looked at me and asked, "So... are you going to Paris, also?"

"I am. I suppose that means you are?" I asked as I straightened my gray coat. The coat was so long it touched my knee-high boots.

The man smiled and said, "Yes, that's correct. Do you speak French?"

"Hm... Je ne sais pas, je parle francais?" I don't know, do I speak French? I asked in French. The man gave a small laugh.

"Je suppose que tu le fais,"I suppose you do, He said back to me in French. ''So, why are you going to Paris?" He said switching back to English.

"Let's just say I'm... finding my future in finding artifacts," I said as I put my hands in my coat pockets. "What about you?"

"I am going to school there to study explosives," The man said as he opened his briefcase and took out a flier for a school in Paris.

"Out of all the places you could've gone to study explosives... Why Paris?" I asked as I focused all my attention on him.

"Paris is my hometown, so I figured I should go back."

I hummed thoughtfully at his answer and leaned my had back in my chair. "What is your name?" I asked.

"Louis. What's yours?" Louis asked.

"Bridget," I said. "What–" I felt the train double in pace. I heard glass shatter from somewhere on the train. Louis clutched his seat. I did the same thing. Me and Louis locked eyes for a second then we both looked out of the cart window. The train was going so fast that the ground was a blur. I glanced to the left of the window and saw a bridge. There's no way we can cross that bridge without tipping over at this speed. Louis then backed away from the window and opened the door to the cart.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he ran out of the cart.

"There is no way we can make it across that bridge. I have to try and stop the train," He said as he opened the door to the mini balcony on the train. I went outside with him. The wind was blowing so hard in my face to where it was getting hard to breathe. Louis set his foot on the metal chain that connected the different trailers to the main train, that had the engine. He put his foot in the middle and jumped across. He looked at me. I then put my foot in the middle of the train, then jumped across to him. He caught me right before I was about to fall. He then disconnected the metal piece connecting the trailers to the engine room. Leaving me and Louis alone in the main engine room. I watched as the other trailers slowed down. They were safe and– Louis put a hand on my shoulder. We then opened the door to the engine room. We walked inside to find the conductor and his workers unconscious on the floor. 

"What happened?" I asked as I felt the train pull faster.

"No clue," Louis said as he looked at the thing of coal. "Where is the wire compartment on the train?" He mumbled.

"We're on a train–"

"Found it!" Louis said as he screwed a panel off the wall of the train and grabbed a handful of wires in his hand. He started sorting the wires out by color. He then ran over to the door we opened to get inside and punched the glass window on the door. His knuckles bled a little bit, but it didn't look like he cared. He then grabbed a shard of glass and carried it back to the wire panel.

"Louis... hurry!" I shouted as I looked over his shoulder. He sliced a wire in half with the shard of glass. The train sped up. "LOUIS!"

"I'm fifty percent sure this won't explode," Louis said as he backed away from the wires–

Me and Louis fell on the ground as the train stopped immediately. Then the train started to flip over. I felt Louis grab my arm and pull me close to him as the train flipped. Me and Louis grabbed onto a metal bar and held on tightly to one another. I screamed as the train kept tumbling. Then the train then landed on its side. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at Louis. His eyes were wide open as he sat panting. He looked at me and started laughing his relief. I joined him and hugged him harder. I then stood up carefully and helped Louis to his feet. We then opened the door to the engine room and walked out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"How were your classes?" I asked Louis as he got back home from his explosive study school.

"It was good," Louis said as he gave me a small kiss on the cheek.

"I got you a present–"

"If you stole it, I don't want it," Louis said as he sat down on the couch of our apartment.

"Actually, this gift is not stolen," I said as I pulled him off the couch and shoved him outside onto the balcony. He gazed at the Eiffel Tower. 

"Close your eyes," I said as I put my hands in my pocket. Louis sighed and closed his eyes as I pulled his gift out of my pocket.

A wire and broken shard of glass.