Welcome to the Academy of Historic Enterprises

Adora and Catra stepped out of the funicular and took in the majestic Academy of Historic Enterprises. As the funicular began to descend back down the dark, forested mountain, the two looked in awe at the school they'd be spending the next four years. A cobblestone courtyard sprawled before them with a gurgling fountain at the center filled with crystal clear water. To their left and right stood the brick dormitories that looked so old, they were about to collapse. In front of them stood an ornate clock tower with classrooms on either side. The air was thin from the high altitude, yet the freshest air Catra and Adora had ever breathed. 

As Catra's eyes methodically scanned their surroundings, she spotted a boy scrambling gather some papers he had seemingly dropped. "Hey!" She called, "Could you give us directions?"

"What are you doing, Catra?" Adora hissed from a forced smile. "We know where everything is, we've been studding blueprints for weeks!"

"New students typically aren't that prepared. We can't raise suspicion." Adora was impressed by Catra's wisdom, she didn't know what she would do if she went alone like was originally planned.

Before Adora could respond the boy had reached the pair, a mess of papers in his arms. He wore blue jeans and a white polo shirt that was a little too small so you could see his dark skin peaking out underneath as he walked. "You must be new!" He said with a huge grin on his face. Catra glanced between him and Adora with a matching smile dominating her face and resisted rolling her eyes, she knew these two dorks would get along.

"Yep!" Adora chimed cheerfully. "I'm Adora and this is Catra, and I assume you are a rebel insurgent?" 

"I d-don't know what you're talking about!" The boy stammered as a bead of sweat dripped from his brow

"She's just... nervous." Catra said, quickly coming up with an excuse. Adora was a horrible actress, why was she of all people chosen for this mission? 

"Right." He wiped the sweat from his brow and cleared his throat. "Anyways," his dark brown eyes lit up again and the wide grin returned to his face. "I'm Bow. I guess you too are looking for the headmistresses office?"

"Yep! That's right!" Adora said and began to laugh nervously, trying to cover up her slip up. Catra elbowed her in the side. "Ow!" Adora yelped and gave Catra a betrayed look. Catra was frustrated but, as Adora knew, those puppy dog eyes gave her a pang of guilt.

"Alright then!" Bow said, "Let the adventure begin!" He spun around on one heel dramatically and began to march towards the clock tower, rearranging the papers in his hands. Adora walked behind him with an exited spark in her eyes, eager to prove her worth with Catra at her side.  Catra rolled her eyes, but she couldn't help but smile. She and Adora on a mission on their own, just one step closer to ruling the world together. 

"Usually there would be more people around, but everyone's in class now." Bow explained as he tugged open the huge wooden doors in the front of the clock tower. He waved Adora and Catra inside and Adora tipped an imaginary hat to him as thanks. Bow bowed formally and the two giggled as Catra just ignored them. They turned down the main corridor, with huge empty windows lining the front facing the courtyard and the occasional door on the other side. "It's your second door on the left, but I gotta go, I'm so late!"

"See you around, Bow!" Adora called after Bow. "He was nice, huh Catra?" 

"I guess so." Catra sped up and crossed her arms.

"Are you jealous?" Adora teased, speeding up to meet her.

"HELLO!" A woman, who Catra and Adora recognized as the headmistress burst through the door Bow directed them too.