/Chapter 28/

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chaeyoung's PoV

"Are you saying that you forgot the girl?" Tzuyu asked.

"And again? "Dahyun continued

We're now at the cafeteria because we don't have our first subject.

"Yeah, I think my dream this morning is the continuation of the last time," I said as I put my head on the table.

"You look like a zombie Chaeyoung. "Dahyun said to me.

"Well, that girl bothered me," I said and sighed.

"Isn't Rosé? Coz, you know? What happened in the forest is accurate with your dream." Dahyun said which was agreed by Tzuyu.

"That's right, have you tried to check her string?" Tzuyu asked me.

"It doesn't make sense coz I can't see mine. I can't tell if those strings are connected to me. And yeah, I tried to check her string but it was before. When she asked me to check if Lisa is destined with her. I don't know now."

"What do you mean you don't know, are you saying that the strings are detachable? Coz if yes, I'm willing to detach Heechul oppa's string to Momo. And put it to me." Dahyun said which made us look at her weirdly.

"So, Momo unnie is destined with Heechul Oppa?" Tzuyu asked and Dahyun and I both nodded.

"Actually, about that detachment of strings, I don't know. I don't have any knowledge of this. That's why I told this to both of you since I know you can help." I said to them.

"Well sadly, I didn't read anything about red strings being able to detach," Dahyun said.

"How about you Tzuyu?"

"I don't have any knowledge too about this. But I know someone who can help." Tzuyu said meaningfully.

"Who?" Dahyun said.

Tzuyu looks at me as if she's saying that I know who's that person.

Oh right!

"Your mother!" I exclaimed.

"Tzuyu's mother?" Dahyun asked confusedly.

"Yep, Actually I knew about Chaeyoung's situation because of the knowledge of my mom about this kind of stuff," Tzuyu said.

"Is your mom free for today?" I asked

"Yep, after class let's go to my house," Tzuyu said.

"I'll come too!" Dahyun excitedly said as she raised her hand."

"Sure."

After a few minutes, the class started again and we just wait till the time finished. We spent our morning break in our classroom since the class president has something to announce.

Lunch Break

As the bell rings indicating that the class ended and it's already lunch break.

Tzuyu, Dahyun, and I are about to go to the cafeteria to meet the seniors but I saw rosé waiting outside our room.

"Tzuyu, Dahyun just tell the others that I have something to do," I said to them and they nodded.

I made my way to Rosé who was looking at me and leaning at the wall of our classroom.

"Ey, uhm why are you here?" I asked as I walked towards her.

"Can I talk to you? Uh for a while?" She said.

I looked at her and seems like it was very important.

"Sure, have you eaten yet? Let's eat first."

"Let's do it in the garden. I brought something for us." She said and lifted her lunch box.

"Ok, let's go," I said and we headed to the school garden.

As we find a bench where we can sit, she opened her lunch box and share her food with me.

While eating, we decided to talk about what she was going to tell me.

"Can you be honest to me Chaeyoung?" She asked while looking blankly at her food.

"Uh of course," I said and nodded.

"When I asked you to tell me if Lisa is meant for me, you lied right?"

I was startled as I heard her question. I never thought she will ask something like this to me.

"What do you mean?"

"Did you lie because I'm your best friend and you don't want me to get hurt? That's why you told me that Lisa and I are meant for each other?" She asked again without looking at me.

I just remained silent as I don't know how to answer her question.

"I-I'm sorry." The only words that came out of my mouth.

She looked at me but I looked down because I'm ashamed of what I did.

"I'm sorry for giving you false hope. I know you like Lisa and I know you'll be hurt if I'll tell you that she's not for you. I don't want to see you in that state."

"Chaeyoung-ah." She called up causing me to look at her.

She just smiles and speaks up again.

"Now tell me, tell me exactly what you saw that time. I'm willing to accept that fact. I just want to hear from you. For me to stop hoping that we'll be back together." She convinced me.

"Let me move on from the past Chaeyoung. I'm still holding on to the thing you said. That Lisa and I are meant for each other. I know I already told you that even if we're destined or not, I'll continue to love her. But I just realized that it's unfair on my part. Please Chaeyoung, help me to get up with this." She said as a tear dropped in her eyes.

I just sighed and looked at her again.

"Long time ago when you told me to check if Lisa is meant for you. That time I know you love her. And I don't want you to get hurt by the fact that she's not meant for you. I saw how your string was tangled on hers. Only mean that you guys are not for each other. I tried to lie. And I thought it was a good decision since I saw really happy when I told it to you."

She sighed and wiped her tears.

"Thanks for saying the truth. I'll try to move on now. I know we can't go back to our old self just like before."

"Are you sure you're fine with it?" I asked.

"Yep, and actually...someone made me realize about moving on. But for now, I'll move on first then after that, I'll face her and confess my feelings to her." Rosé said and smile.

"That's good to know," I said and continue to eat.