Prologue

Enemies was one word, usually a secret dislike toward one another, a general unspoken demise of one another.

But me, I hated this girl with a passion, weird as I'm not a violent or malicious person but this girl has made me build a serious grudge against her.

Dakota Burbank is number one in my most hated list. It sounds silly, as all she did was move away, but we were such good friends, the best of friends. Leaving without saying a word and jet-setting off to wherever, away from me.

I hate making myself sound needy and bitter, but she really broke my heart. The friendship loss was hard enough, but we both secretely acknowleged the weirdness we felt towards eachother.

She left without saying a word, a note, not even a freaking text message. Leaving me hapless and confused, about her whereabouts and my sexuality. I found out through her older brother, Cam, who stayed behind, that she her father took her to the west coast.

News has spread like wildfire and I've received numerous texts that she's back, though I don't fully believe any of them. It's been a two years since she moved away from our hometown with her family and if my small doubts are true and she's back, she can fuck right off with trying to utter a single word toward me for the rest of senior year.

I hate her.