February 1974

Washington, Oregon

 On January 31st, Bundy kidnapped Lynda Ann Healey. 

Her Early Life

Lynda Ann Healey was born on the 1st February 1974. Healey's upbringing was simple. She grew up in Seattle with her parents. As a young woman, she was known for both her brains and her beauty. Before crossing paths with Bundy, Healey was on a positive and productive path. 

University Life

When she left for college at the university of Washington in 1970. Healey was a singer and applied her studies with fervour. As a psychology major, she made it her mission to work with adolescents with mental disabilities and disorders. She also worked for the school's radio station as a skiing-area rather reporter.

In 1974, as the 21-year-old entered her senior year, she became more autonomous then ever. She moved into a greenhouse with a handful of her closest friends. She gladly woke up early for her radio station job every day, including the day before she went missing.

Her Disappearance 

On January 31st, the evening before her disappearance, she went out to a tavern called Dante's to share some beer with a few friends. However, she headed home early to call her boyfriend. At 11:30pm, she popped into one of her suite mates rooms to chat, seeming happy and undisturbed. At 12am , Healey went downstairs to her room, this was the last time she was seen alive.

The next morning, her next door roommate, Barbara Little, was woken up by Healey's 5.30am alarm. While Healey usually turned it off, it didn't stop ringing. Little went to check on Healey but she was nowhere to be seen. At first little figured there was not any danger as nothing else in Healey's room was disturbed.

However, all of her roommates began to worry once Healey's boss asked why she never showed up to work. She also missed a family dinner that evening, prompting a worried call from her parents. Her roommates then decided to investigate her bedroom, that is when they discovered that some of her bedding was missing and blood was on the sheets, as well as on her nightgowns.

After discovering that their back door was unlocked, her roommates called the police. 

Authorities also struggled to determine whether or not any foul play had occurred. Healey's room was neat and in order, besides the traces of blood on her sheets. However, the bloody neck of her nightgown led the police to believe a crime had occurred. In light of the minimal evidence, police struggled to grasp onto a lead.

The Upsetting Discovery

In 1975, Healey's skull was located on Taylor Mountain, bringing a devastating end to her story. In 1978, Bundy, who was convicted of multiple murders, admitted that Healey was his first victim. It was discovered that he lived just three blocks from her. Her horrifying death rattled the media, yet she is remembered as a passionate young woman whose life was taken far too soon.