An Offer and Moving Forward

Inko and Mitsuki had been enjoying their talk with the couple, finding out their names. The man's name was Tsuno, and the woman's name was Tokeru. However, concern grew on the Ashido's faces when the three kids that had gone to play with their daughter showed back up and quickly left the park, and Mina wasn't with them.

Inko and Mitsuki said they could wait a few minutes and then go and look for the girl, as well as their sons. However, just as they were preparing to do just that, the three children were seen heading toward them, with an elderly man close to them. At first, this concerned the parents, until they were able to get a better look at who he was, their eyes widening.

"Is that Master Gundam, the Number Two Hero?" Tokeru said, being the first among the parents to speak. However, none of the others really had the chance to respond, as the kids quickly ran up to their parents and began speaking excitedly. One thing the parents did note was how close Mina was to Izuku the whole time.

"Good afternoon," the Number Two Pro Hero spoke to the parents as he reached them. The parents were still having a hard time comprehending who was speaking to them, but quickly recovered.

"It's an honor to meet you, Master Gundam, sir," Inko was the first to reply, bowing as she did. "My son thinks so much of you. You're his idol." Kurosu chuckled as he held up a hand.

"Please, there's no need to bow," he said. "If anything..." he paused, as he instead bowed to Inko. "You have raised a truly Heroic young man." He straightened up to see the shock return two-fold to everyone's faces at his action. He turned to the other parents and repeated the process. "You have all raised amazing children, who have the utmost potential to go far and be the greatest Heroes."

He then proceeded to tell the parents of the events that transpired. How Mina had been picked on by the older children. She had done her best to stave it off, but was outnumbered and outmatched. And then Izuku and Katsuki came on the scene, and defended the girl, with Izuku having jumped in first, getting in between Mina and the other children.

"Which is why I gave an offer to the children," he finished. "They are all interested, but did say I would need to check with all of you first."

"What is this offer, Master Gundam?" Tsuno asked, intrigued.

"Please, you may all call me Kurosu," he replied. "As for the offer...I would like to personally train them up until the time they are ready to enter UA High, which is where they have all expressed an interest in attending." Again, the parents were baffled. The Number Two Hero wanted to personally train their children to prepare for the Hero course at UA.

"Something further I did not discuss with them," he continued, drawing their attention back. "I never had children of my own. And, though the sidekicks I have are excellent Heroes in their own right, I haven't found anyone able to truly learn my personal fighting style. This is mostly because it relies on Quirkless combat. But," he turned to Inko, "with your son being Quirkless himself, I want to extend an offer to him."

There was a pregnant pause before Kurosu moved on.

"I would like to take young Izuku under my wing and train him in the School of the Undefeated of the East. This would be for the purpose of eventually making him my successor." He turned to the other two children. "This is nothing against the two of you, I assure you. You both have amazing Quirks and potential, but there is only so much I can teach you." The two of them were not upset at all.

"That..." Inko began to say, tears welling up in her eyes, "that would be amazing. I don't know how we could ever make it up to you. How much would lessons be?" She began to plan out budget at this, missing the confused look on Kurosu's face.

"Ma'am, I think you misunderstand," he said. "I'm training them of my own volition. The only expenses out of your pocket would be the dietary necessities of their progress. And even then, I am more than able to assist in anything outside of what you'd normally prepare for and more."

Izuku looked up at the man. He had been told before he could do it. But now, having his idol show that belief, and be willing to train him, and make him his successor. Izuku was on top of the world.

*****

After some more talk in regards to how the training would go, Kurosu exchanged contact information with the parents, and the Ashido's exhanged information with Inko and Mitsuki. It was clear that their children were becoming friends, and it was adorable to them how much Mina fawned over Izuku.

As the families left the park, Kurosu watched with a smile on his face. He would have someone who would carry on his legacy, and be the next great Quirkless Hero.

A/N: Slightly shorter than the last chapter, just setting things up. Next chapter will feature a significant time jump, and delve more into character and (you may have guessed it) relationship growth. Stay tuned. :)