𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖔

IF ONLY JEAN hadn't been late for today, he wouldn't be embarrassed in front of his client. Due to the lack of sleep from the previous days, he took a full-day rest, and he regretted it. He slept, yes, he did, but he overslept big time. The client that was supposed for him meeting at ten in the morning has been waiting for him to come.

He ran as fast as his legs would go, carrying the finished canvas with him. He texted the client that he would be late and would meet at the nearby café, he hoped that the kind client would still be kind of what just had happened today.

The streets is usually busy, but luck must be on his side today because they felt pity on his current lame ass situation. The muffler is messily wrapped around his neck, though he never bothered to properly wrap it in the first place. The clothes he wore is the same as yesterday's, and he barely even fixed himself up. Now's not the time to fix himself up, indeed.

He opened the door in a rush, like his life depended on his current situation. Customers looked at his direction with their startled expressions and ignored them as always. He took rushed strides toward the table where his client is situated while drinking something on his cup. By the scent of it, Jean knows that it's a regular black coffee. As he was nearing, the blond male looked up at him, and Jean awkwardly smiled back.

The dark bags underneath Jean's eyes were visible, the person in front of him would nearly confess that he's already prepared for the nearly incoming Halloween. His tousled hair is sticking out in numerous, different directions, he looked tired, messy, and all; but he would need to be early and cut out the 'presentable' thing aside.

"Hello, Mr. Smith. I apologize for being late, and as well as lacking the presentability of myself." he said apologetically, bowing low.

Mr. Smith waved him off while giving him a grin, "Ah, don't be. I'll just pay you and take the painting, nothing to worry about. As if we'd make long meetings," he chuckled, and then took an another sip on his cup.

"If it's fine by you, then okay." replied Jean casually, slightly getting uneasy from his client being lax around him.

He took orders for the breakfast and coffee as he and Mr. Smith continued to converse casually.

"Ah, cut the formalities for now; call me Erwin." said Mr. Smith, giving him a small wave to emphasize what he said.

"Mr.-uh Erwin, I'm sorry," stuttered Jean, slightly fidgeting when the said man began to feel-slightly suspicious for him-comfortable. It irked him a bit in an unusual reason, though it lightened his heavy heart a bit.

"So, how's career?-if it's being an artist, I would ask."

"It is fine, actually. And yes, being an artist my career." Jean grinned shyly, slightly flushed.

"Oh, that's amazing then. I will be looking forward to your future artworks, Jean. Your art is just beautiful that I can't help but to buy on some of them soon enough."

"Flattering I could say, Erwin. And thank you for that. It made me inspired more whenever I would accept such beautiful remarks from my clients, I can't help but to feel honored."

A waitress appeared with tray in hand, grinning at them softly while putting the steaming cup on the table, along with their breakfasts. The saucers gave a small clink upon contact on the furniture, and she bowed after serving them with the usual thank you. Jean only nods at the person as she skidded away, with her skirt swaying as if she's flaunting it as she went towards the counter to serve on more customers.

Their-abruptly stopped-conversation ended, but neither felt awkward or even had a mild discomfort. Jean let out an inaudible huff as he leaned back on his seat after taking a sip on the scalding drink. The intensity of his drink's temperature doesn't seem to bother him even a bit; folding his arms over his chest, he looked outside.