1

My name is Madison Parker, but most people call me mads. I am 17 years old and I live with my mom, and two younger brothers Joshua who is 15, and Spencer who is 12. 5 years ago my dad died in a car accident, when I was 12, Josh was 10, and Spencer was 7. It's hard every once in a while but it has gotten better over the years.

When I was 5 years old my mom became pregnant with Spencer, so we needed to move out of our small apartment. We found a beautiful house right here in Seattle. The day we moved in this nice lady across the street brought us cookies and invited us over for dinner. That's where I met my best friend, Jaden Hossler. Or should I say, ex best friend.

We were best friends since we were 5, he was my rock, and was there for me during the toughest time of my life, when I lost my dad. We would do everything together, and he were basically family. Then highschool started.

It was the first day of grade nine and we were walking to school together. "are you nervous?" he asked me "kind of, but at least we have last period together, and the same lunch!" I replied. We walked to school, found our lockers which weren't too far apart from eachother and then went to our first classes. We met up again at lunch

"how were your classes?" I asked him. "pretty good, I love my English teacher she's sexy as fuck" he responded. "jaden, you're so gross" I retorted. After lunch Jaden walked me to third period, and then we met back up in class in fourth. I sat beside him and he seemed a bit off. Before I had time to ask him what was wrong our Math teacher looked at me, and told me to sit somewhere else because it was alphabetical order. I moved beside this girl, who was also in my first period class.

"London right?" I asked. "yea, and you're Madison?" "call me mads" I said as I smiled. The teacher called attendance "Madison Parker?" "here, but I go by Mads" "that's not what It says on the attendance card, therefore I will call you Madison" She snaps back. After class I say bye to London, and walk over to Jaden "so what do you want to do?" I ask him "uh, I'm hanging out with some friends from third" he quickly responded. "Oh okay, so are we still walking home?" "nah, we are going out now, see ya later" That was weird, he is never like this. I walk home by myself to walk into my empty home. My dad used to work from home, now I'm alone.

After that Jaden became really distant, he would hangout with his new friends and after he got a psycho girlfriend who thought I wanted him, he completely cut me off. When they broke up he never bothered to text me. Remember London? She has been my best friend ever since the beginning of highschool when me and Jaden stopped being friends. It was the first day of second sem, and London was almost here to pick me up, I walk downstairs to see my mom cooking breakfast.

"hey sweetheart, you ready?" "yea London is on her way" "okay, well I made you some eggs and I know it's Friday but-" "you're working tonight" I stop her midsentence. "yea" *beep beep* "she's here, bye mom love you" "love you more" she responds "have a great day!"

"Guess what we are doing tonight" London asks as I get in her car "pizza, and movie?" "no, we are going to a party!" "who's party?" I question. "don't hate me but Jaden's" "ugh I forgot about how his parents go on that trip every year around this time" I respond. I remember when we were younger Jaden used to sleep over at my house and we would watch movies and go on bike rides in our Pj's. "well I am not going" I tell her. "come on! Okay look, Dylan invited me and I think he is bringing a friend for you. Besides this party is going to be huge you probably won't even bump into Jaden!" She responds. "fine, now drive."

We walk into school, and go into our first couple of classes, me and London go out for lunch, and then we go to our next class. Me and London have no classes together this sem, which sucks because I don't really talk to that many people. Before fourth me and London go to the bathroom to fix our hair, and makeup. As I am applying mascara I sneeze, and it runs everywhere. London helped me but the bell rang so we were late. Me and London walked our separate ways and I walked into my English class, and the teacher already gives me a dirty look.