<< A Royal Bet >>

"Mummy!! Tell us how you and Dad met!!" the younger of the twin said.

"I've told you guys the story so many times before and yet you still ask," Kagura retorted.

"Come on, Mummy!!"

"Alright then Miyabi. Go get your brother and I'll tell you the story of how we met." The mother said in defeat.

The younger went to call for her slightly older brother. She returned whilst pulling her brother by his arm.

"Alright then, get in your beds and listen well and promise me, you'll sleep after this?"

The twins nodded.

This was the first time for her brother to hear the story for he had never heard it before. Her brother, being the older one, had responsibilities even he if were only seven. Therefore, he was not able to join in listening to the story previously. Being a royalty was hard alright.

"Well let's get onto the story, shall we?"

Miyabi's eyes sparkled at those words, whereas her brother was just keen and interested to know. He was interested to know because his aunt and uncle would always say that if it were not for a bet, they would not have been the power couple they are now. He always wondered what the bet was.

"It was just another one of those days, where my stepsister, your aunt, Erza and I were practicing our sword fighting techniques...

[Kagura's flashback; Narrator Pov]

"That was a good move, Kagura. Seems like you've been practicing," Erza complimented.

"I did. Thanks, sis!"

"Instead of doing this, maybe change it like this? That way you'll be able to attack more efficiently."

She changed her attack momentum to fit what Erza had told her to. Bbaam In a swift motion, her katana strike down the dummy that was in front of her.

"Wow.. That did much more damage than just now. Thank, Erza"

Erza replied with a smile.

"Your Highness, her Majesty is looking for you."

Their fighting session had gotten cut short due the sudden messenger.

"Which?" The girls asked in unison.

"Miss Kagura."

"Well, I'll be off then. See you later, Er-chan~" Kagura said in a sing-song manner.

"H-Hey!! Only Millianna calls me that!!"

"Not anymore~ Hahaa~"

Kagura left the area to get changed into a more formal and proper attire to meet her stepmother. Once she had changed out of her training attire, she went on to her majesty's study.

[Flashback ends]

"Well.. It is past your bedtime. I will continue the story again tomorrow alright. Now go to sleep,"

Kagura said while putting the covers for the twins. Before she left, she gave them a goodnight kiss.

The very next morning, Touma was pleading with his father at the breakfast table that the things he had to do for that day gets cuts down as he wanted to continue hearing the story. Kagura was being like Scheherazade, just that the difference was not to delay her death but to allow the twins to have enough rest for the following day. This meant that Touma would require more than a day with lesser tasks.

The whole family sat at the dining table waiting for their breakfast to be served. The family chatted over breakfast.

After the twins finished their meal, they headed back to their rooms, leaving their parents to finish up their share.