11.

******
Renjun's P.O.V:
     Slowly opening my eyes, I looked around and it looked like I was in somekind of black void. There was nothing but pure darkness around me until a sudden glowing white orb appeared in front of me.  Feeling the soothing warmth radiating around it, I touched it out of curiosity and was immediately transported to another location.  An ancient looking sliding door was in front of me so I quietly slid it open and saw the same looking boy which oddly looked like me.

     He was writing on a bamboo slip and he looked frustrated and confused as to what to write. I stood by the door and just stared at him for a moment until snapping out of my thoughts when he said something which was muffled.

"------": once he said that a white figure walked in and went through my body, making me jump slightly. 

"They can't see me?": I thought to myself and cautiously stepped in. Seeing as they paid no attention to me, I stopped behind them and decided to listen to what they were saying.

"Yes your Majesty?": the figure asked, I assumed that it was the same figure that I saw at my previous dream. Is this a continuation? And plus, why do I feel like I've heard that voice somewhere?

"I want to go out.": the prince whined.

"I'm sorry your Majesty but you can't head out today.": the figure replied.

"Why not?": he asked.

"Some post guards have spotted a group of bandits near the palace so it is very dangerous for Your Majesty to head out today.": the figure explained.

"But you can protect me along the way can't you?": the prince said, trying to persuade.

The figure slowly shook his head, making the prince pout. "I cannot do it alone Your Majesty."

"Nonsense, I've seen you take down all my brother's guards on your own without even a single scratch!": the prince praised.

"Thank you for the compliment Your Majesty but please just stay in your quarters for today.": the figure bowed.

The prince pouted and groaned before letting out a long sigh. "Ugh fineeeee but promise me to take me out tomorrow? You promised me that you would take me to the lake to see the frogs and tortoise.": he requested.

"Of course.": the figure promised.

The prince was about to open his mouth to say something when a voice suddenly boomed outside the study room, making me cover my ears and glare at the old chubby man standing by the door, glaring at the figure.

"------ quit loafing around and get back to your post!": he said and the figure immediately scurried out not before saying excuse me to the prince.

"Please stay safe -----": he quitely said to himself as he watched the figure close the door behind him. 

"Hey kid, can you hear me?": he asked and walked towards him, waving his hand in front of his face but got no responds.

     Feeling that there is no hope in interacting with the people in his dream, he decided to walk around the huge library and looked at the books that are tucked neatly in the tall wooden bookshelves.

     He was about to grab a book when he was suddenly teleported to what seemed like the prince's quarters. Peeking in through the small gap between the door, he sees the prince sitting on the bed with his knees againts his chest, he looked angry.

"Where is ------? He is the one who is suppose to be with me at all times. Not some low skill leveled guards.": he angrily questioned the two servants who are trying to tuck him into bed.

"I'm sorry your Majesty but ------ is getting his punishment. He shall return at dusk.": one of them answered.

"Punishment?! Who dares to punish my personal guard without my permission?!": he asked.

"It was his Majesty.": the other one said.

He went silent as he knew he was poweless if it was against the king.

"Please your Majesty, you should get some sleep. It has already passed curfew.": she said before bowing and walked out.

     Letting out a frustrated sigh, he plopped his head down onto the pillow and covered his body which is shaking in anger with the thick silk duvet.

"The person must be really dear to him huh?": I thought to myself while observing him.

     Just after a few minutes of sitting on the wooden floor looking at him, he eventually fell asleep so I decided to head out.

     Reaching my hand for the door and remembering that I'm a ghost, I casually walked through it with ease like how (M/N) did when we first met.

     Speaking of him, I wonder what he does all day long without having to sleep. Probably wandering around performing his boring magic tricks that seemed fake but are real, annoying the other guardians back at base, stalking random stragers that he finds interesting. He probably hasn't dreamt of anything after he died huh?

     My mind was wandering around thinking about him when suddenly two guards walked through me. Their conversation sounded interesting so I followed them.

"Have you heard what happened to the second prince's personal guard?": the one on the right asked.

"Yea, got a good beating for starting a fight with the other guards.": the other answered.

"I heard that they said something bad about the Prince and he couldn't accept it and told them to apologize."

"He was dumb for doing that, we all knew he's a troublemaker since he entered the palace. Like just look at his background, no parents to teach him manners and was treated like a dog. He was accepted because of his skills.": he scoffed.

"Let's just hope he learns his lesson after this.": they said before returning to their posts.

"Poor guy.": I shook my head and was about to explore more when the white orb appeared in front of me again.

     Knowing that I needed to wake up, I touched it and tightly closed my eyes when it glowed brightly. The warmth only lasted for a second and before I knew it, I was back into reality.