Chapter 13

Anne

I run my hands over his wet form, pressing against him despite his rain soaked clothes and take off his hat, pressing my lips against his. He wraps his arms around my waist, crushing me against him, lips working mine.

He's here and real. I have missed him so much. I frame his face with my hands before pulling away, breathing in his earthy scent. "I've missed you so much," I breathe, kissing him over and over.

Waya grins and strokes my hair back. "Did you think I would leave my adsila in the hands of barbarians?"

My heart swells and I hug him tighter, tucking myself into his body.

He winces and pulls away. "I'm sorry Anne, but we have to go."

I nod and he makes his way down the trellis, my door opens and uncle sees me. "You little b..."

Without a thought I throw myself out of the window before he can take a step towards me.

I scream as I tumble through the air and my body slams into Waya's and he grins. "You are crazy!" he sits me on my feet and we tear across the lawn.

Guards chase after us and Waya grabs my hand, urging me to faster. We look at each other, laughing as our feet pound into the grass. The guards close around us as we come to the wall. Waya can make it over, but I can't. I am several inches shorter.

"I'm sorry adsila. This is going to hurt." Waya lifts me up over his head and tosses me over the wall.

I land scraping my elbows and chin, my teeth clacking together, my breath knocked from me. Waya vaults over the wall, I get up and he winces as the blood on my chin. "Sorry, Anne."

"It's okay." I pant and he rushes us through the streets of London. The rain battering us as we run through crowds of people.

The guards shout behind us, barreling through people. Waya zig zags through alley's, dragging me behind, my lungs burning. He pulls us into an alcove, panting heavily as the guards rush my us and we back tack out of the alley system, finally making our way to the docks.

Dawn settles into the sky and once we see the boat on guard sees us and we run the last length to the boat. The boat starts to pull out and we jump, barely making it on and the guard is too far away to follow.

-~-

The men welcome me and Waya and I stand in the rain catching my breath as the rain subsides. "That was mad," I say laughing.

The ship sways as we take off and Waya holds me as I look out over London, my old home. My new home sheltering me within his arms. "Why don't we get rid of this monstrosity?" he growls, nipping my ear lobe and pulls on my dress.

I giggle and turn to face him, brushing my fingers over his chest and face. "You are absolutely incorrigible." I kiss him with all the heat that burns within me.

"I miss you Anne. In here." he guides my hands to his heart and I kiss him over and over.

He lifts me up, our rain soaked clothes chafing together and kisses me, a new sun rising above us, and spinning me me around.

This is home.

The End!

Thank you all so much for your support for this story. This is my very first finished story and it was so much fun to work on. I had the best time. These scenes came to me and I just couldn't keep it off page.