Accepted

A/N: This story will not necessarily be following the plot lines and quotes to the letter, but that is kinda what fanfiction is all about. Also, I don't own the characters, plot, etc, only the perspective and twists are mine, everything else belongs to J.K. Rowling.

Mr. and Mrs. Dursley were very proud to be two very normal citizens. They despised magic and any and all irregular occurrences whatsoever. Their pride and joy was their son, Dudley Dursley, an eleven year old boy who they spoiled rotten. There was also another boy in the picture, Harry Potter, an eleven year old boy who was a cousin to Dudley, but they never talked about Harry. Very few people knew he existed at all, there were no pictures of him anywhere and he had little friends.

But back to Dudley, on the morning of his eleventh birthday he came bounding downstairs, making sure to stomp on the stairs to rudely wake up his cousin who lived in the cupboard under the stairs. Truly, it wasn't his fault that he was like this, he was simply a product of his parents spoiling and hatred of Harry.

Counting his presents, he found that there were only 36, two less than last year. Such a crime was not acceptable, a fact which he made sure to clearly express. He had no care for cards or letters at all for that matter. Only if the parcel was wrapped in bright shiny wrapping paper with a large bow on top did it warrant his attention. Thankfully, the present problem was quickly to be remedied, which his parents promising to buy him two more presents when they went out that day.

Unfortunately, the day was soon to be ruined. Mrs. Figg, who usually watched Harry when Dudley went out on his birthday, had broken her leg. Harry had to come with them, which, in Dudley's opinion, ruined the entire day. And ruin the day he did. Thanks to Harry, Dudley's birthday ended with him trapped in a huge snake cage. Harry was strange, Dudley couldn't put his finger on it (although his fingers were exceptionally large) but something was definitely off with his cousin. It wouldn't be the first time something strange happened when Harry was around, and Dudley preferred to stay away from crazy, or beat crazy up, whichever was more convenient.

In fact, the only good part of the entire day was that his best friend, Piers Polkiss, spent the day with him. That, and the fact that they would both have a wickedly cool story to tell when school resumed in the fall.

Unfortunately for Dudley, things just kept getting stranger after his eleventh birthday. For a few weeks everything was normal, except Harry being weird, but then a few weeks before Harry's birthday, letters started coming. If Dudley was paying attention, which he wasn't, he would have realized that these letters were a lot like the letter that appeared on the kitchen table for his birthday. But Dudley wasn't paying attention, and he didn't realize that after receiving no response for a few weeks, the sender started sending more letters. Except this time, the letters weren't addressed to him, they were addressed to his cousin.

Dudley didn't know what these letters were about, but he didn't think they were good. His parents got very scared once the letters started coming more than a few a day, and if his parents got scared something was clearly wrong; and clearly it was Harry's fault, after all the letters were addressed to him.

Which is why, five weeks after Dudley's eleventh birthday, he was stuck on a cold, dark island. So, needless to say, he wasn't having a great time. The best reason he could come up with for their predicament was that some evil organization was trying to kill them. He wasn't sure why, maybe his parents were spies? His mom did spy on the neighbors quite a bit.  Then, when this genetically-altered man broke down their door, on the horrible island in the middle of the night, he assumed they were under attack.

This huge man was clearly trespassing, so, in order to protect his family, Mr. Dursley got out his rifle.

"Couldn't make us a cup o' tea, could yeh? It's not been an easy journey..." the stranger spoke.

Dudley was flabbergasted, this strange man broke into the house and then had the audacity to ask for tea?! If he wasn't completely scared out of his mind, he would have insulted the man.

After settling in, and completely destroying the rifle, the stranger handed two letters to the two boys while glaring at both Petunia and Vernon Dursley. Both boys opened their envelopes, to find nearly identical letters, the only difference being their names.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore (order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mr. Dursley,

         We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minevera McGonagall (Deputy Headmistress)

They were both silent, but Harry spoke up first. "What does it mean, they await my owl?"

The man, Hagrid, didn't answer the question as he seemed to remember something, took out a scrap of paper, scribbled something on it, and handed the paper to an owl, which Dudley wasn't sure how it got there, along with a few bronze coins.

"They're not going!" Vernon seemed to find his voice and both him and Petunia moved as to protect Dudley from the man.

Hagrid scoffed, "I'd like to see a Muggle like you try!" (I know this isn't what he actually said but I don't want to have to reference the books for every quote, basically this is what he said)

Dudley was still shocked, but at this point more annoyed than anything. How dare this man break into the shack/house and then insult his father! He didn't care if this man was some uptight 'key and grounds keeper' at some hooligan school, this man was a criminal!

"Um, no." He said, voice slightly trembling, but confident in what he was saying. "I'm not going to whatever weird school you janitor at, I'm going to a prestigious academy next year!"

"Sorry kid, but no-can-do, clearly your parents here aren't going to teach you how to control your magical impulses."

"MAGICAL IMPULSES?!" Dudley screamed, all nervousness gone. "I'M NOT STRANGE AND WEIRD LIKE HARRY, JUST TAKE HIM AND LEAVE THANK YOU VERY MUCH!"

"Yeah..." Harry continued, ignoring Dudley's jibe, "I'm not magical either, so...I think you maybe have the wrong house or something, even thought the letters have been extremely accurate, borderline stalker-ish actually..."

"Has something ever strange happened, something you can't explain ever happen? Maybe when you were angry or upset?" Hagrid asked, in a softer tone.

"Actually, yeah." Harry agreed.

Dudley wasn't having it. "Nope, I'm good, bye!"

Hagrid didn't seem to get the hint though, and one month later, despite protests from both his parents, he had all necessary equipment and supplies for the crazy school. It had been a strange month, they had gone to this alley and Hagrid had gotten Harry and owl but not Dudley. Dudley didn't like Hagrid, Hagrid treated Harry like some mini god and Dudley like dirt. Vernon and Petunia had pretty much disowned Dudley after they found out he was a wizard. He didn't want to be a wizard, he just wanted to live a normal life, but Harry was soaking up the attention. According to Hagrid, Harry was famous in this world and everyone seemed to love him. Dudley on the other hand, wasn't liked by anyone of this new world and the people from his old world, his parents and friends, had either disowned him or would be left behind when he went to Hogwarts. It was amazing how much could change in just one month.

A/N: Thoughts, feedback, suggestions?