Chapter 16

Avery's POV

Chad and I are sitting there talking when I hear the door open. We both turn our attention to the door, I see Haley walk in then Ryan not too far behind her.

Great. Ryan's here.

When I see Ryan walk in, I quickly glance at Chad and roll my eyes. He looks at me briefly and back at Ryan and Haley.

"How you feeling?" Ryan asks me as he pulls up a chair next to Chad. I look at him and shrug my shoulders. I wasn't happy with him and I just made it kinda obvious.

"What's wrong with you?" Haley asks and chuckles. I snort and nod my head.

"Haley, Chad, can you give me and Ryan a minute." I ask. Haley raises her eyebrow, confused, but complies.

"Sure." Haley says. Both Haley and Chad stand up and walk out of the room. I wait till they shut the door before saying anything to Ryan.

"What do you need to talk about?" Ryan asks. I look at him and widen my eyes in annoyance.

"Ryan, really? WhAT dO wE NEeD tO TaLk aBoUt." I say, mocking him. I was pissed and I think Ryan was starting to catch on. "You know what I want to talk to you about. You're the reason I'm sitting here like this. You hurt me." I explain to Ryan. A guilty look washed over his face.

"Avery, I'm sorry. I love you. I don't know what got into me when I did that." He tried to explain. I roll my eyes at his remark. It was all bullshit coming from his mouth.

"Don't try that shit with me, Ryan. You don't love me. You even said you didn't. If you loved me, I wouldn't be sitting here in the hospital. I can't believe how stupid I was to go back to you like I did. I should've known the first time." I say angrily. Ryan knew what I was about to say. He tried to stop me before I even said it, but I was doing it anyway. I've had enough.

"Avery, I'm sorry. Give me another chance. I promise it won't happen again. I love you, baby. I can't live without you. I promise, I'll be a better boyfriend, the one you deserve." He begs. He was wasting his breath because it wasn't working.

"I gave you another chance and you blew it, you knew better. You hurt me, Ryan. How do I know you won't do it to me again?" There was brief silence. Ryan looked down at the floor, not sure what to say. He looked up at me when I broke the silence. "I'm sorry, but we're done."

Ryan's shoulders drop when I say that. I honestly didn't care if his heart was broken, he broke my heart so I was going to do the same to him.

"Avery, ple-."

"No, Ryan. We're done. I snap back before he could finish his sentence. Ryan stands up angrily and snorts.

"Fine. If that's what you want. I'm gone. I know exactly why you're breaking up with me. But let me tell you this, I know exactly how Chad is. He won't be half the boyfriend I was to you. Hope you and Chad enjoy each other." He says sarcastically before yanking open the door and walking out.

I nod my head and chuckle. That's over with. I think to myself.

Right after Ryan slams the door, Chad and Haley walk back into the room.

"By the way Ryan walked out, he didn't take it to well." Chad says shutting the door behind him and walking towards the bed giving a fake, sarcastic smile.

"No, no he didn't. But he got what he deserved." I say and chuckle. Chad puts his hands in his pockets and laughs too.

"He'll get over it. He'll probably go to a bar tonight, take some girl home, and forget about it." Chad mentions. I nod my head and laugh again.

"Doesn't bother me a bit. At least it'll get him off my case." I say and rub my forehead.

"When are you supposed to get out of this place?" Haley asks looking around, changing the subject.

"Tomorrow morning. Or at least, that's what the doctor said." Haley nods her head in acknowledgment.

"Well when you get out, we're going drinking. You need to get your mind off things and I need some alcohol... in a bad way." Haley says and smirks.

"You got that right!" Chad says and laughs.

"That does sound nice, but I don't need to party too hard. I don't want to wind up back in this hell hole." I say.

"I didn't mean get hammered dumb-ass." She says jokingly. "I meant get a drink... or 7." Haley says quietly. I laugh at her.

"So you mean get hammered." I laugh. She shrugs her shoulders and smiles.

Chad glances at his phone and puts it back in his pocket. "It's getting kinda late. I better get going so you can get some sleep."

"No, you're fine. You don't have to go." I say, trying to convince him to stay.

"Really, I should get going. I'm sure you wouldn't rest good with me here anyway." He explains.

"It's going to be lonely here, you'll be fine." I say with a pouty face. Chad rolls his eyes and laughs.

"Well when you look at me like that, how could I say no." He says and smiles. Chad sets on the side of me bed and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"Ugh. I'll leave you two alone." She says jokingly when Chad kisses me. "I gotta work in the morning anyway." Haley says, getting up to leave.

"Bye, Haley." Both me and Chad say.

"Bye." She says walking out of the door, and shutting it.

Once the door was shut and we knew we were alone, Chad looks at me and snickers. I knew what he was think and I was thinking the same thing.

I grab his shirt and pull him into a kiss. Our lips slam together and Chad's hand shoots to my thigh. I knew where he was going with it, but I stop him. I pull away from him and raise my eyebrow and look at him.

"Chad, you know better. We can't right now." I say and giggle.

"Why not, baby?" Chad says seductively in my ear. He kisses me again as he tries harder to get his hand where he wants it. I pull away again and laugh.

"Oh, I don't know... maybe because we're in a damn hospital." I say and laugh. Chad rolls his eyes.

"Fine, have it your way." Chad says as he sets back. He lays beside me on the bed and puts his arm around me. I make myself comfortable and lay my head on his chest. I couldn't help but to smile as I laid there with him.

Chad looks down at me. "What are you smiling about?" He asks me enthusiastically.

I sigh and keep the smile on my face. "I know we've been through a lot today but, I feel happy right now. It's because I'm with you. I just love you so much."

Chad pulls me tighter into his chest when I say that. I couldn't see his face but I knew he was smiling, I could feel it.

"I love you too, Avery." He says as he kisses the top of my head.

"Listen, when we get out of here, I'm going to take you on a proper date. I never got the chance and I think you deserve one." Chad says softly.

"Sounds like a plan." I say smiling I sit up and look him in his perfect blue eyes. "So, can we say at this point we're officially, 'dating' ?" I ask in curiosity. It was kinda a dumb question at this point, but I asked anyway.

Chad licked his lips and smiled. "I think we could say that." He responded excitedly. He gave me a soft kiss on the lips. I kissed back harder and my tongue begged for an entrance. He allowed and he did the same to me. He pulled away and tried to catch his breath.

"Fuck yeah." He said breathing heavy and smiling. I chuckled and laid back down on his chest.

After laying there a while, we both fell asleep. Finally, I felt truly happy for the first time in a long time.