Peter Parker Vs A Hologram

Hello Lovelies! This one a sad one, but whats new about that. I am planning on doing some editing around the earlier chapters of this book, so if you notice changes that would be why. I have been writing more than ever lately, so I figured I might as well aim it towards something useful instead of drafts and nearly complete books that I leave in my documents. Anywho, I hope you are all staying safe and healthy. Enjoy and have a terrifically glowing week!

Warning: Contains Mentions of Suicide and other possible sensitive themes.

''''''''''''''''

When the rogues arrived back to Stark tower, they were surprised with the lack of restrictions. Of course there were things in place considering their status, but for all they'd done, this was certainly lax. Stark had looked tired, but not too off put by them. He accepted their apologies, warning them there wouldn't be another chance. They could all understand that. None of this was worse than the Raft, even Tony even offered their input on any grievances. It was all simple and similar to before. The shared space of the tower and the easy life within. The only thing nagging them was the single demand the man made. Do not go on the ninetieth floor. It was three above their own and as far as they knew everything from eighty five up was private floors for Stark.

The mystery of the ninetieth floor became something they couldn't shake. The AI was no help, simply saying it was off limits for them. It's not like they could just ask the man who made it clear he wasn't about to talk about it. Even the attempt through the vents was thwarted by FRIDAY. The whole thing made it seem like something fishy was going on. Call it what you will, but it became far too important to figure it out then one would think. Getting Nat on their side was easier than they thought, the woman having good knowledge on by passes for restriction within teh building, getting them in without much trouble. They were prepared for the worst while riding the elevator up, yet it opened to reveal nothing alarming at all.

Upon entrance, the floor looked similar to their own. Some sort of living arrangement. It was almost like it was caught in time. The shoes by the elevator hapadardy stacked with coats hung on the rack above. Clint invited himself in first, walking further to view the open concept living room. There were blankets heaped on the couch as though someone would be right back. A mug on the coffee table that had some whales in hats decorating the outside. The item beside it looked strange, the man going further despite Nats protests. He jumped back in surprise when the thing jumped to life. A hologram he figured, swiping his hand through only for it to show back up.

"Come on dad, we all know what the best star wars movie is." A boy with curly brown hair called, flopping onto the couch in the center on the blankets. They couldn't hear a response, but the boy laughed, light and cheerful, cuddling deeper in them. The image flickers out, leaving a very confused group of people behind. Steve had moved forward, only to activate another nearby. "Peter you're going to be late for school!" A familiar voice called, sounding very much like Pepper. "I'm headed down now mom!" The same boy from before responded, hologram self skidding to a stop in front of the shoe rack, hopping as he pulled one on after the other. "Don't forget a jacket!" The woman added, the boy rolling his eyes with a smile before doing as asked.

"I'll see you later. Have a good day mom!" He exclaimed as the picture fizzled out just before the elevator. "What is this?" The archer spoke, moving to another and stepping back as it started. The boy was sitting on the floor of the living room, placing pieces to an intricate lego set together. "You've been at it for hours kid. Let's take a break." Tony said, not in the picture but sounding close. "But I only have a few hundred pieces left." He reseponded, a pout on his lips. Stark laughed, in turn making the boy return it. "Come on, Peps on a trip, so we can order out tonight. Whatever you want." The idea seemed to make the boy jump up from his project. "As long as I get to choose the movie as well." The man agreed, the boy calling out about thai food as the hologram disappeared.

Nat had moved into the kitchen, intrigued by the findings despite her initial hesitance. Her fingers traced report cards on the fridge and a note to buy more lucky charms. The island had a bunch of sticky notes, a strange correspondence going back and forth making them stack up. She triggered another one, making the boy fizzle to life sitting on a stool on the far side. "You're going to eat us out of house and home Petey." Stark teased, the boy sticking out his tongue before taking another scoop of cereal. "Aren't I lucky you're a billionaire then?" He retorted, the man sending a faint scolding look before returning one as amused as the other. "Just remember who gets you the truckload of junk. If it were up to Pepper neither of us would eat anything but the health food she approved."

The boy mocked a salute. "What a brave soul you are to defy her." They both broke out into giggles, the sound echoing as the image stopped. "Why does Stark have a shrine to a kid up here?" Clint said, triggering another warm memory between the three. "It's strange. I didn't think he had a son." Steve spoke as it finished, a throat clearing getting their attention. A furious looking billionaire stood with his arms crossed, face riddled with anger. "I specifically told you this place was off limits. I guess I should have known better then to trust that you'd respect my wishes." He hissed, practically seething this point. "Who is he?" Nat asked, lighting the fire in the other.

"Get the hell out of here, hell get out of my building! I bring you all back here after all the shit you pulled only to have it thrown back in my face!" He screamed, surprising them that it was really this big of a deal. The elevator dinging was lost to his yelling, though it ceased when the calm hand was placed on his arm. It was then one could see that the man was sad, so terribly sad. Pepper mirrored his distressed look, the two sharing something unknown in their glance. "Please leave this floor." She spoke, the wavering letting them know this was a bad wound to have opened, "This is all we have left of him, so please leave it be."

They hesitated to do so, Clint's movement triggering another hologram. They all paused to watch, though the Starks looked lost in it. "Dad, you're not going to leave me too, right?" The same boy asked, looking far younger and way too hurt for someone his age. "No, never kiddo, not if I can help it." Tony replied, pulling the child into a hug. "Will you die too? Flash says everyone I love dies. I'm scared that it will happen to you too." He said, the hug tightening. No one missed the way he was looking at his hands over the hug. "No Peter, none of it was your fault. They didn't die because you loved them." Stark added, pulling back to look him in the eyes. The child nodded, but still looked unsure.

"I need to wash my hands." He whispered, just barely audible. The words made the billionaire snap to action, taking him right to the sink. He offered him a towel when the very through washing was through. "Is that better?" The boy shook his head, once more staring at them. "The red won't come off. It feels sticky. I washed them but I still feel his blood." He said, words cracking as he started to cry. The man didn't hesitate to pull him into a hug. "It's okay Peter. It wasn't your fault. They loved you so much." Tony said, the image fading as his cries rang out. Pepper buried her face into her husband's shoulder, soft muffled sobs reaching their ears.

"What...?" Steve spoke, looking so unsure of the events and what to do with them. "That was our son, Peter. He was so smart, brave and kind, the embodiment of sunshine." Tony answered, a bittersweet look on his face. "I'm sorry for your loss." Natasha spoke, having caught onto the use of past tenses. Tony nodded to her, the other two looking downfallen in the realisation. "He was such a good kid. Never gave up on a single thing he set his mind to even if it made his or our lives a living hell." Pepper added, wiping her face from the still spilling tears. "He sounds wonderful." Steve spoke, offering his own condolences.

"He was the best. It's my biggest regret that I didn't see there was something going on until it was too late." Stark replies, taking the woman's hand. "Tony.." She spoke, only to be cut off by him. "No Pep, I should have known he wasn't okay after all the shit he went through. Peter was tough, but no one can live through things like he did without ever talking about it and be that happy." He said, shaking her off and marching away down the hall. They all looked after him, a lot of emotion cloudling this entire place. The woman sighed looking weary at them. "Peter killed himself a little after your fight in Germany. He blames himself for being too busy, for not having time."

She sighed, rubbing her eyes as she continued. "Peter's death holds a lot of hurt for the both of us. He called me while I was away for work, asking if I'd be home soon. He sounded off but..." The silence imminated in the space, the homey vibe now exuding something far more bitter. "Please leave. Don't come to this floor again." She said, sounding exhausted. Pepper moved down the hall Tony filed down before, leaving the three with a lot to think about. The ninetieth floor was none of the things they expected. No, it was far worse than that. A shrine to a child lost, grieving parents unable to part with their child.