Chapter 2

Aizawa's POV

I wake up to crying. I roll over to see the little one I picked up off the streets last night, and right now she is crying. I sit up and reach over to her, I pick her up and start rocking her softly and she starts calming down.

"Alright let's get you into your clothes and something to eat shall we," today is Sunday so I don't need to be anywhere fast today.

I start dressing her in her now washed clothes from last night and she giggled as I tickle her belly a little. I have to admit, I don't feel as lonely with her around. I put her on my hip and go into the kitchen to start making some more food for her.

When we were both done eating I grabbed my coat and scarf and place her in my scarf to keep her warm.

I walk to the police station and went to the front desk.

"Hey, I found a kid last night on the streets do you think you could find out who her parents are?" I asked taking the little one out of my scarf.

"That's the kid that went missing from the orphanage," the police officer said pressing a few buttons and minutes later other officers came in.

"We thank you for finding her, we will take her back to the orphanage," he said but I did not let them take her.

"Take me with her, I want to have a talk with the person in charge at the orphanage," I said and he started to look worried but agreed.

"Okay, these two officers here will take you there," the guy said pointing to the ones that came just seconds ago.

When we got in the officers talked to the lady at the front for a few minutes. As she is typing something on the computer a lady came in from the back.

"Why don't we send this one into the back with the other little kids while we talk," she said reaching for the little one and I gave her to the lady.

The little one started to cry not long after she left me. Who I am assuming is the head of the orphanage disappeared behind a door and then came back five minutes later.

"Alright, the officers said you would like to talk to me," she said.

"Yes I would like to ask how this actually happened, I don't want to assume you just dropped her in the streets," I said glaring at her a little.

She reached over to her side and picked up a little computer and brought up security camera footage.

"Most of us were in a meeting and as you can see she just crawled out of the doors. It was a mistake on our part for not closing the doors all the way but we left her in her crib. So we thought she would not get out," she said and then she moved to another camera.

"She got out because one of the older kids got distracted in calming her down and put her on the ground instead of back in the crib," she said as I watched it happen. I sigh and look over to her.

"Alright I guess stuff like this happens just be careful next time," I say and the lady nodded.

"What is your name?" I ask

"Sarah," she answers looking a little nervous like I was going to take legal action against her or something.

"Alright then Sarah, I would like to adopt the child," she then got up and bowed her head.

"Sir you don't need to feel obligated to adopt her, we will find a good home for her," she said and I shake my head.

"I don't feel obligated to do anything," I simply said and she looked me in the eyes trying to see if she can spot the truth.

"I will need to see some ID," she said and I pulled out my hero license to show her.

Her eyes bulged when she saw who I was on the hero license.

"Well Eraser head if you would follow me, we will fill out some paperwork," She said and we walked to a small room.

"I am sure you are interested in knowing her name," Sarah said as she set the papers down in front of me. In truth I did not think of it but now that she mentioned it I am now so I nodded to her.

"Her name is Lyra,"

I do not know the adoption process and what it is like. I assume it is long but I am going to pretend in a world like this it might be easier for hero's to adopt. IDK hope you liked the chapter!