noisy neighbour

To say you hated your apartment was a blatant lie. You loved it. The location was right, the rent was well within your budget, and you really loved having a unit on the end of the hall, giving you not only an amazing view, but turning your bedroom into mostly glass windows. It was a beautiful apartment. Light grey walls, dark hardwood floors, and new stainless steel appliances.

It was a two bedroom unit overlooking the downtown area. It had a large front room open to the kitchen and dining room. The outside wall was nearly ceiling to floor glass windows with remote controlled shades. The floors were done in a dark wood to contrast with the walls painted in a soft off white color.

The second bedroom was set up as a guest room with a bed, two nightstands and a dresser. It had its own bathroom and a small closet as well.

The selling factor, was the den. A small room off the living room with double doors. You had set it up as a home office.

The only thing you didn't like about your apartment was your neighbor, Gael. He was a very noisy person, throwing parties that lasted until 3 in the morning, inviting girls over and not bothering to keep it down when they were in his bedroom.

Truth be told, you hadn't gotten much sleep since Gael moved in next door, despite going over and telling him politely to keep it down. Gael promised he would try, yet he never made good on his promises and at this point, you were sure it was on purpose.

Last night had been like every night since Gael moved in.

You headed out your front door into the hallway and made sure to lock your door before making your way down the hall to the elevator. You pressed the button and waited patiently for the lift to arrive. The sound of a door opening caught your attention and you turned to see Gael stepping out of his apartment in his sweats, boots, and a compression shirt, carrying a trash bag.

Gael's eyes met yours and he immediately broke into a grin. You rolled your eyes and turned away from him. You weren't going to play this game. Not today. Gael approached quietly and stood next to you as both of you waited for the elevator.

Gael: “Morning,” Gael said, a slight hint of amusement to his voice. You tried not to grit your teeth or clench your hands. He knew how to rile you up. Gael loved pressing your buttons. You were determined to not let him get to you, so you turned to him and nodded.

Y/n: “Morning,” you replied shortly. Gael's grin spread.

Gael: “Sleep well last night?” he asked and you bit the inside of your cheek to keep from snapping back.

Y/n: “Not really,” you replied. Gael nodded silently before finally saying,

Gael: “I'm sorry to hear that.” You held back a scoff, knowing it would mean defeat.

You opted to say nothing, instead bringing your coffee to your lips and taking a sip. Silence surrounded you and you could feel the tension between the two of you rising.

There was always this unaddressed sexual tension between you and your neighbor. If it wasn't for the fact that he kept you up until the crack of dawn fucking a different girl each night, you probably would have given into his flirting before.

Gael was an attractive man to say the least. He had an incredible body, everyone knew it. He worked out a lot. You saw him more at the gym in your building than you did outside his apartment. He was definitely a “gym rat.”

The two of you said nothing as you both stepped onto the elevator after it arrived. You took another sip of coffee as the silence continued for the duration of the elevator ride.

The elevator reached lobby and Gael stepped put first, allowing you a nice view of his broad shoulders, sculpted back, and his nearly perfect ass as he made his way to the door that led to the building's trash and recycling room. He waved as you headed for the door.