Author's note

So I know I haven't really worked on this fic as much as my other ones, and I've decided to put this on the side for about a month or so because I am busy with a lot of things and this is the only fic who's direction I have no idea of. (Great job self, you don't know how to grammar.)

The thing I really want to focus on is Post-the comet as much as I'm going to focus on the actual series that's shown onscreen. I especially want to work with the bending of the Fire Nation in particular, and how the bodies of Firebenders are different than the bodies of other non-benders and the Fire Nation post-the comet in general.

I want to explore how the refugees in Ba Sing Se weren't all EarthKingdom and maybe even some who were Water Tribe. I want to explore how even though Aang meant well, he discovered the power to take away someone's bending and he strives for peace, not really the fire nation as he knows the other nations (no matter how long he might have stayed in the Fire Nation Post-the crossroads of destiny, he still has a better grasp on the cultures of other Nations besides throw the dance party for the ' country of depraved little fire monsters?' as Sokka put it.

That whole quote along with Jet's stance on Fire Benders (imagine for a second that he went after a pair of perfectly innocent refugees that had fled their own country into a country filled with refugees that hated their entire nation no matter what they did and not The Dragon of the West and The Banished Prince (both of whom did some pretty horrible things in their own right even if they were redeemed for it and they made amends and faced the consequences, they still did those things.))

I want to touch upon how fucking terrified the Fire Nation citizens might be because this extremely powerful (impulsive twelve-year-old child) being who despite being an air nomad is still a child who is impressionable and who has spent quite some time around people who saw every single one of them, no matter how innocent (The resistance leader was ready to kill Mai's baby brother Tom Tom because of who he might be one day) as monsters.

They don't know what he will or will not allow because they don't know him. sure they know Kyoshi who used murder (or justice it depends on how you see it) they know Roku who almost killed his best friend from (what I assume) birth because of some things that Sozin hadn't done yet (and even if he did, the propaganda that Sozin had spread wouldn't of mentioned that) but they don't know Aang. They live in fear of being attacked by the other nations with a pound of flesh against someone or many other people who they can't reach and firebending in self-defense, but the Avatar taking away their bending and having other terrible things happen to them. (not to mention how firebending is not just an extension that they can manipulate, but something that is tied to their very essence (remember inner flames and how damaging their inner flames could kill them?)

So yeah, I want to explore all of that because it is really interesting and important to me.