/Chapter 29/

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chaeyoung PoV

"Mom we're here!" Tzuyu yelled as we entered their house.

As the class finished, we decided to tell the unnies that we need to go to Tzuyu's house, and since they are also preparing for something, they let us go.

"Welcome home Tzuyu. Oh Dahyun, Chaeyoung you are also here. Do you have a group project to make?" Tzuyu's mom asked.

"No mom, we're talking to you for good. But let's just eat first." Tzuyu said.

Tzuyu's mom nodded and signaled us to go to the dining room.

While eating Tzuyu opened up the topic.

"Mom, you know something about red strings, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Uh, we want to know something about that," Tzuyu said.

As we finished, we went to the living room to continue our discussion.

"So, what about the red strings? I thought you don't believe in that?" Tzuyu's mom asked her.

"Actually, about last time, when I asked if there are people who can see red strings, I found someone and it's Chaeyoung," Tzuyu announced that made her mom look at me.

"That's why..." I heard her mom say.

"Well Auntie, we're here to ask if it's even possible that she can't see her string?" Dahyun asked while I just remained silent.

Tzuyu's mom just looking at me.

"Tzuyu, Dahyun can you guys leave us for a while. We have something to talk about. And this is a serious matter." Tzuyu's mom said without breaking her gaze to me.

Tzuyu and Dahyun look at each other then look at me as if they are asking if that's ok.

I just nodded and they leave a smile before they left.

As Tzuyu's mom is sure that Dahyun and Tzuyu are not already around, she looked at me again.

"Do you see this?" She asked as she lifts her hand.

I frowned at her because I didn't get what she was trying to say.

"What do-"

"The string, can you see it? "She asked which made me look at her pinky but I found nothing.

"N-no," I said as I shook my head.

She sighed and move closer to me.

"You can truly see it." She said that made me frown again.

What?

"Let me tell to you. I also can see it. Just like you. That maybe explains why I didn't see your string when you came here."

"You can see it too?"

"Yes, but not yours. I can't also see mine either."

I just sighed upon hearing those words.

"So why are you here?"

"Uh have lots of questions. I want to know why I can't see my string. I want to know more about that string."

"Well, this is just my theory. We, the person who can see these red strings are just uh what can I call this... We are like equipment to help someone who needs our help."

"Are you saying that I'll be forever single?" I asked that made her laugh.

"Of course not, like what I said I'm like you. I can't see mine but look, I found my husband and made a family. But unfortunately, he passed away already."

"I-im sorry to hear that."

"Don't have to. I know it will happen since we're not destined to be together forever."

"What do you mean."

"You know? Strings are playful."

"Oh, about that... Do you think the strings are detachable?"

She frowned as she heard my questions as if she just heard them just now.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know. Maybe if the string is can be detached and went to the other person." I said and shrugged.

"I don't know either, who knows?"

"How about the dreams. Recently I've been dreaming about a girl and in my dream, I can see my strings and then I saw a girl who's connected to my string. But When I woke up, I can't remember the girl in my dream. It already happened twice."

"That's not impossible. Red strings choose no one. A girl-to-girl is not that surprising. But to be honest, that happened to me when I was young. I can't see my string but when I got to my dreamland, I used to dream of myself having that string. And I also met there the one who's meant for me."

"You mean Tzuyu's dad?"

"No. Let's just say that my husband and I are meant to meet each other but the red string means you are guys forever."

"Then who's that guy and why you didn't marry him?"

"Like you, I can't remember him whenever I wake up. Suddenly when I remembered him, it's already late."

"What do you mean by late?"

"He's already with someone. The strings are also there. So that means that he already found the one for him."

I stopped first as I gathered what she said.

"How did you remember him?" I asked and look at her.

"The only thing that I can't remember is his face but everything that's happening to my dream is full of clues. I remember it clearly. Then I gathered it all. But it's already late when I found out."

Should I give it a try also?

"If you say that you saw that guy in your dream. And you say that the string to you is connected with him. Then that means it's detachable." I said that made her think.

"Because at the first place you were destined with him but when you already found out who is that guy you saw that he's already with someone and the strings are already connected to the both of them," I said

"That makes sense. But I'm not sure... But if you want to know who's the girl in your dream, move fast. We don't know when the strings become playful again."

After the talk, Tzuyu and Dahyun went back and I told them that I need to go.

"So, what happened?" Tzuyu asked

"Did the string are detachable?" Dahyun continued.

"Not yet sure. But there's a possibility. Anyway, I'll leave now. I have things to do." I said and bid goodbye to them.

While walking home, I'm thinking lots of things

Should I find that girl?

This is more confusing and complicated than I thought.

What if Rosé is the girl in my dream?

Maybe I should check her string again.

And also, if I dreamed of that girl again.... I'll gather some clues.

It's not that I want to know her because I want to feel the love or what. Like I said I'm not into love. I just want to know who's that girl.

Who's the girl in my dream.