Chapter 4

(Phantom's P.O.V)

Those experiments, it's all true.

They've brought the Seraph of the End into our world.

I watched on in astonished horror as what was used to Yuchiro demolished an entire city block with a single slash. Crowley did his best to hold him off but had to retreat, leaving the monster to the humans. The humans did this so let them take care of it. " Y-(YN). " A weak Shinoa muttered. I look behind to see her on her knees, struggling to stand up. " Please, let me save my friend. " I raised an eyebrow at her. " You won't survive. " I affirmed. " I doubt there's anything human left in him. " Shinoa stood up but quickly fell down. I caught and held her in my arms. " I couldn't save you (YN). " She said weakly. " But please let try to save him. " I shook my head erratically. " I'm supposed to end you not him! Your death will free me. " Shinoa did her best to smirk. " Then don't let me die to him okay? " A chuckle escaped my mouth. 

She always knew how to lighten up my day. I fished around her pockets and cut it in half one of the demon enhancement pills, popping it into her mouth. It was okay because the ones they took before the battle would've worn out by now but it was too risky to do a full. Now feeling much better, Shinoa got up and maintained her balance. There were a few stumbles here and there. Yuichiro walker closer to her, muttering about how sinners needed to be annihilated and whatnot. I readied my sword. If anything went wrong I'll be there. Yu immediately charged Shinoa, knocking her scythe out of her hand. She attempted to run but tripped. Dammit! I charged Yu and locked blades with him. His parry sent me down the street. Mika got between Yu and his prey, getting stabbed once again in the process. " No, Yu! Don't do it? " He shouted. " You'd never be able to forgive yourself! "  Yu inched his blade further into his family's body, trying to reach Shinoa. " Why did you save me? " Shinoa asked. " Shut up human. " Mika seethed. " This happening because you used him! " I dusted myself. 

Yuichiro is too fixated on Shinoa. If I time this right, now! I dashed and yanked Yu's hair from behind. His katana dislodged from Mika chest. Shinoa rushed and embraced Yu. " Yu! Stop it! Please, you have to! " She pleaded. " Or all of us are going to die! " Yuichiro screamed as his face contorted in rage. The tree of dark energy sprouting from his back slowly dissipated. He raised his katana to stab Shinoa. No! I pulled Shinoa into my arms bridal style and jumped away, not looking back as Yuichiro regained his humanity and fell into unconsciousness. Shinoa's pill wore off and her weakness returned to her. I found an apartment complex a few blocks down and choose to settle there for the night.

This rooftop will do. I laid Shinoa down on the rooftop floor, close to the door which led to the apartments below. At the moment, I didn't care if she tried to escape. To keep her warm I wrapped her in my cape and put a pillow I found under her head. I stared at her sleeping body then drew my sword. Goodbye, Shinoa. My sword slashed down at her throat. The blade stopped a centimeter before her neck. Why couldn't I do it?! I sheathed my sword and roared in intense anger. After catching my voice, I moved to sit on the edge of the roof, staring into the stars of the night. There had no issue beforehand. She was about to tell me something she relapsed into weakness. (YN) I? (YN) I loath you? (YN) I hate you? (YN) I damn you? Dammit what could it be? Forget about it for now. Just do your best to relax. I looked back at her. Every second my eyes spent on her brought back more and more memories. Our first time meeting. Those late-night coffee induced study sessions. The three times I almost developed the nerve to tell her how I felt about her. Then of course, that day. I shuddered in thought, attempting to steady my breathing. Do I still feel? 

(Third Person)

Phantom continued the exercise until Shinoa sat next to him on the rooftop's edge. " You didn't try to escape. " He muttered. " I couldn't leave you again. " Shinoa said. She reached out to his face but he flinched and inched away. " (YN) please. " Shinao pleaded. " I'm sorry Shinoa. " Phantom said sadly. " I'm not ready. " She nodded and wrapped the vampire in his cape. He tossed her her weapon as she left for the door. " If I see you again Shinoa, I don't know what will happen. "

She tilted her head and smiled. " Either way, You're back and that's all that matters to me. "