Chapter 2

Wednesday, July 10, 1996

4:30 A.M.

~Terry~

"Good morning, baby. I'm headed to the gym to get my day started." I said as I gently gave Brandy a kiss on the cheek.

"Did you get your lunch I packed for you, baby?" Brandy asked in a sleepy tone as she opened one eye.

"Yes, babe. Thank you."

"You're welcome. Have a good day. We love you."

"I love y'all, too. Be good for your mommy, baby girl. We can't wait to see you." I said as I kissed Brandy's stomach.

I gave Brandy a quick kiss before I got my things and left for the gym.

As I was locking the front door, I ran into a small-sized chubby man.

"Good morning, Mr. Hightower."

"Oh man, don't roll up on me like that. Good morning." I said as I started walking towards my car.

The man started following me.

"Sir, is there a problem? Do I know you?"

"Your brot—"

The man was cut off by my brother pulling up in front of the townhouse in a limousine.

"Good morning, my brother! Have you met Mr. Pierre?" My brother said smiling.

"Mr. Pierre? Sean, what's going on?"

"I know you got a nice BMW, but what's the best way to be a celebrity when you can have a limo driver?" Sean said smiling.

"Sir, how much did he beg you to drive me?"

"Twenty dollars and a tootsie roll pop." Mr. Pierre said in a funny accent. He seems like a nice man, but I don't think I need a driver.

"Sean, I don't need a dri—"

"Bro, you gonna deny this man a job? He has nowhere to work. He got kids to feed. Pretty please. Just look at him." Sean said as he put his arm around Pierre's neck.

"Sean says you're a football player. Me like football."

"No, Pierre, I said basketball. The one you dribble. Remember?" Sean said as he pretended to dribble a basketball.

"Pierre, do you mind waiting in the limo for a second?"

"Yes sir, Mr. Hightower." Pierre said nodding as he went into the limo.

I made sure Mr. Pierre was in the limo before I smacked Sean in the back of the head.

"What was that for, Terry?"

"You doing stupid stuff! You been trying to do and buy stupid stuff since I got signed, bro. You need to stop." I said as I rolled my eyes.

Ever since I signed with the Los Angeles Lakers, I've received a large amount of money. Of course, I've done well for myself, but there are other important things to get prepared for. A prime example is that I have a baby girl coming soon. Brandy and I are still trying to get stuff together for her. Plus, we haven't found our dream house yet. We haven't seen anything we think that would be our forever home just quite yet.

"I'm just trying to help you out. Plus, I want the ladies to see that we looking fly." Sean said as he spun around and licked his fingers over his eyebrows.

"I knew this had something to benefit you. I'm not doing it." I said as I started walking away and headed for my BMW.

"Terry, the man needs a job."