Ch. 6: Mi Castle, Tu Casa?

I'm back a lot sooner than I expected... YAY!

Please enjoy, vote, and comment~

******************************
*Amy's POV*

Sonic finally came back with the flowers. They weren't top of the bunch pretty but they were still cute. James took the bouquet and new ribbon and bid us goodbye. I think he was actually excited to leave the castle and "explore"... His tail looked more like a happy dog's than that of a refined cat he presented himself as before.

Afterwards, Sonic gave me a tour of the castle and flirted with me quite a lot. I noticed it usually happened between quiet moments when there wasn't any gaurds. He seemed hesitant around them but not like he was embarrassed of me. In fact he held me closer most times.

"Seriously, you'll look good in a tiara~"

"Sonikku shush! I don't want people thinking I'm just here for the luxury-"

"But you'll get it either way Ames... you're living with me right?" His eyes seemed worried but he held his flirty smile.

"Must we live here? Can't we rule and live closer to our friends?" I said solemnly and quietly.

"I don't think so... a lot of formal affairs have to be done here so I think it's easier if we stay... you'll... stay... right?"

I nodded with an understanding smile. I lifted my head and smiled brighter at him and said, "I'll stay with you always."

He smiled and pecked me on the cheek before pulling on my waist and guiding me down a long hall with many portraits.

"These are all my ancestors... a lot of big families... triplets and twins run in the bloodline on my mom's side." Sonic explained.

I looked over at this one portrait with a bright pink hedgehog that resembled Sonia. Albeit... a little ... different looking... Next to her was a handsome deep blue-purple hedgehog. In front was an adorable young purple hedgehog girl and a blue hedgehog boy that resembled Sonic. If that girl is Aleena, I supposed Manic looked like his father?

"That's my grandma and grandpa. She's Akio..." He seemed to look confused as he bit his bottom lip momentarily," ...and he's Baltimore, sometimes he's just called by his nickname, Balt. Those two at the bottom are my mom and... my late uncle Chuck." I looked at Sonic as I sensed his sadness. "... He died a month before I left... he was the one who raised me remember?"

I nodded as I recalled that faint detail in his quick retelling of his past.

"He was my mom's older brother... but he was sick a lot so he wasn't really fit for king... my mom was forced to take over but that didn't bring her down. She was always strong enough for the two of them. It's no wonder she made quite an influence in the early resistance."

I was amazed as I saw Sonic light up with passion as he spoke of his mother. He must love her more than I could ever imagine. I realized he was probably thinking of her as he did when he was younger. A hero...

"Sonikku?"

"Hm? Yeah?" He turned to me.

We just stared at each other for a moment before we leaned into a kiss.

"Thank you Ames..." Sonic wispered as we hugged afterwards.

"Hmhm no... thank you, you're the one who introduced me to this lovely family... I hope I make your ancestors proud of you."

"They better or I'm coming up there and threatening to remove their gravestones." Sonic quipped.

"Sonikuuuuu be respectful to your family!" I tease him by pushing away and waking further on.