Chapter 1; Moving In

Luke

I sighed, throwing the last of my luggage into the backseat of my car. I was officially moving three hours away to college. A place I had no desire to go to, but the pleading looks on my parents faces made me feel guilty for not wanting to do anything with my life besides play video games all day. And eat food. Lots of food.

"This is it." I said, rubbing my hands up and down my jeans. I watched as my mom walked over to me, standing on her tippy toes to give me a kiss on the cheek. My father then gave me a hug, followed by a slap on the back from Jack.

"Don't fuck up anything." Jack said with a tight-lipped smiled.

"Jack!" Mom scolded, her mouth dropping open.

"Luke, please just be good and focus on school. Please." Dad begged. I rolled my eyes, before looking back at Jack.

"Now I have to graduate college with flying colors because you flunked out. Thanks big brother." I spoke sarcastically. I then opened my car door, sitting down in the driver's seat.

Jack held the door open before I got the chance to close it, and leaned forward so his face was inches from mine.

"I did you a favor." Jack said. "Plus you'll never get better grades than Ben, so you'll be fine. Just be average like you always are."

"You're so flattering." I spoke, narrowing my eyes at him. Jack laughed before stepping back and closing the door. I huffed, before turning on the car and rolling down the window. My mom began to form tears in her eyes, as I groaned.

"Mom!" I shouted over the music starting to play from the radio. "Please don't cry."

She wiped under her eyes real quick and smiled, holding onto my dads arm.

"I'm not crying." She spoke back softly. I gave her a weak smile and hopped out of the car real quick to give her a long hug.

"It's okay. I'll see you soon." I whispered in her ear. I felt her nod against my shoulder, and I pulled away. "I love you."

"I love you too, Luke. Please don't hesitate to call whenever."

I nodded my head before hopping back into the car, starting to pull out of the driveway. I waved from inside, seeing Jack, mom, and dad all wave back at the same time standing on the front porch.

I sighed as I began making my way to the college. This was it. My life was about to begin for real this time.

I made my way onto campus, struggling to bring my heavy suitcase though the building I was going to be living in. The halls were bustling with new freshmen, parents saying their goodbyes, and upperclassmen giving tours.

My stomach was doing flips from all the nerves. Hopefully I wasn't paired with a shitty roommate.

What if they were messy? What if they smelled bad? Or even worse, what if they were homophobic?

I hadn't really let my sexuality be a problem for me in life. I was gay and that was that. My parents accepted me. In fact my whole entire family did. If nobody else was comfortable with it, who cares?

It's a whole different story though if you're living with said person.

I shook my head at my thoughts before reaching the door to my new room, grabbing the handle. I stood there for a few seconds before pushing the door open and heading in.

Immediately I was met with faint music playing in the back and I recognized the song as 505 by Arctic Monkeys. It was playing from a small speaker that was set on the nightstand next to one of the beds.