17 - Confusion and care

The next day

Yibo and Zixuan were given a day off by the CEO. The couple had to stay low at their home for the time being, waiting the rumour to cool down a little bit more. Yibo woke up with aches all over his body as he had been sleeping on the uncomfortable couch. The said male rubbed his eyes and tried to make out what and why he was there currently. He definitely was still sleepy but woke up because of the uncomforting sleeping posture.

The constant ringing bell made him push his sleepiness away and got up to take the door. Just after he unlocked the door, it burst open and three familiar faces came into his sight.

"Ge." Yibo looked at them. He smiled awkwardly.

"Hey."

"Don't hey me, ge. I demand you an explanation right now, because I'm still on for killing that bastard." Yibo smiled bitterly at his dear brother, Fanxing.

"Fanxing, don't talk like that. It's not nice; you know the article is all lies." Fanxing turned to the male next to him. The young male scoffed.

"Are you defending that bastard, Yuanyou-ge?" Yuanyou was taken aback but found his composure again.

"I'm not defending him, Fanxing but I'm saying the truth. He's also a victim of media-plays just like your gege here. So you shouldn't think of killing him."

"He hurts gege, Yuanyou-ge. I-"

"Wang Fanxing." Yibo called that name and the heated conversation stopped. He smiled to them. "Come in first, guys. Zixuan is still upstairs." Yibo said, hinting his brother and cousin about his wife's whereabouts. Fanxing scoffed and walked in. Yuanyou exhaled and followed. Yibo closed the door once the last person stepped in. He looked at the man. "Are you okay, Shunrong?"

"I- I, em..." Shunrong was stuttering. Yibo looked at him closely. He smiled a bit.

"Yuanyou told something to you, doesn't he?" Shunrong bit his lips and nodded a bit. "Everything?"

"In short." Yibo exhaled and walked. Shunrong followed.

"You practically know why this and that, right. Based on that Kitty's story-telling style." Shunrong hummed as a response. The two of them noticed Fanxing and Yuanyou had settled on the couch and waited for them. Yibo welcomed Shunrong to sit. "Want something to drink?"

"No." / "It's okay."

Yibo just smiled slightly when Yuanyou and Fanxing said simultaneously. "Okay, I'm sitting then." Yibo said and sat down on the one seated couch. Fanxing eyed his brother while Yuanyou took a breath, concerning over his dear cousin.

"Are you okay, Yibo-ge?" Yuanyou asked. Yibo smiled and nodded.

"You already read the statement from Shunrong's father." Yuanyou exhaled.

"Not about that, but yourself." Yuanyou said. Fanxing crossed his arms.

"You better not lying or I swear I will not consider anything more to just send him breathless to the coffin." Fanxing said. Yuanyou sent a look at the younger while Fanxing ignored that. Yibo exhaled.

"I'm fine. Maybe, not entirely fine. Zixuan is upset and asking for time to think." Yibo sighed. Yuanyou looked at his cousin while Fanxing clenched his fist. Shunrong just stayed silent.

"That's why I hate that bastard. He just gives pain to you, ge."

"Fanxing, mind your voice." Yuanyou said, remembering the younger about Zixuan. Fanxing exhaled.

"So what you're going to do, ge?" Shunrong asked for the first time. Yibo turned to him before looking at the other two. Yibo exhaled.

"I'm giving her space and I will try to fix the things right." Fanxing nodded approvingly.