Prologue

The she-wolf kept her pace steady, running as quick as she could through the woods. Her human just separated them from each other. She growled as the next tree went through her, looked down at the now fading white paw.

We need a new soul

  'Then find one' Amelia, her human mind linked her while her human's agonizing thoughts of terror flowed into her mind.

Her human would die, the no way she could destroy him without Her, fighting without her wolf was deadly.  She would have left this lone mission on finding a new soul, a better host and gone back if it wasn't for her promise to Amelia and........the Moon Goddess.

She kept her pace, thinking of where to find a new 'light'. She came out of the woods, staring at the tarred road which made its way beside the forest behind her.

A yellow coaster bus full of only humans passed her, she could  feel a pure heart; a beautiful light. All she had to do was concentrate her energy and give her powers to this-wat a minute, human!

'Do it' Amelia mind linked her, she could feel the pain, the human was going through, the sudden  backache, the laughter of their kinds enemy rang through her head.

'But she's human, she could... anything can happen'

'Just do it, Leila. I can feel it, she's the one'

'I can't' and suddenly the link broke just a emptiness filled her that she didn't notice the pain on the neck. Amelia!

She howled, feeling her existence fade away; she focused her last drop of energy on the unborn child and faded away

Good luck, chosen one.

*********

" Mr. Monterio, I'm sorry. We couldn't save your wife ", it was that statement that broke multimillionaire, Leonardo Monterio to pieces, it felt like a knife was stabbed into his chest. His head began to spin, he felt faint but the doctor's voice interrupted what was about to go down. Him.

"Would you like to meet your daughter?" And he absently nodded to the doctor,as he was lead to his daughter's room.

A daughter

Miranda always wanted a girl as their first child, so as to dress her up, bond with her and do everything, she missed out from her abusive mother.

He couldn't wipe the pain he felt in his chest as he thought of his life without his Miranda. The aching sadness that washed through him, he felt nothing but pain and sadness.

"Here's your daughter, Mr Monterio"

Once Leonardo saw his daughter, his sadness suppressed into shock, then love. He fell in love again, just this time with his daughter; our daughter.

She looked just like her mother and his wife, Miranda. The same silky black hair was sprouting on her head, green-honey eyes; an unusual colour that struck with his wife since she conceived.

She, his baby smiled warmly at him, he leaned closer to pick her up and cooed at her. Leonardo's smile never waver as he watched his daughter. He made a mental promise not to let anything happen to his little dear Raýne.

Seven years later.

"Mister Monterio, Raýne's teacher made the same complaint again" Raýne's Nanny and soon-to-be mother, Julie said.

This is the third time, this month.

Leo sighed, not minding that Julie formally said his name even after his requests not to. He shook his head as he waved Julie off, it was the silent shut of the door that told him, she had left the room.He looked out of his library's glass window to watch his little Raýne play.

He remembered the first time yhe report came in; at the zoo, his daughter's school had a field trip to the zoo. The zoo instructors claimed that she was said to be having a 'silent' conversation with the animals. 

There were times when they moved back to Canada, she would wander off to the woods, not to be back till sunset.

Leonardo did know his daughter was different, she had never been like kids her own age; she preferred sports to dolls. Never had she gotten sick

Not that he was complaining

But it was alarming. Not even the slightest thing as a flu or the contagious chickenpox that went on a rampage in her school. And she has this thi-

"Daddy, what's wrong " her voice  interrupted his trailing thoughts,  he looked up to see her face painted with worry as she stared at him. A gush of emotions washed through him as her eyes darker and a grin grew on her face

I need to see my doctor,
Again.

*************

Hi,

Hope you like, this is my first werewolf book so if my facts are wrong, please send your complaints.

Please, I'm only human and I stink at English so send your grammatical corrections too. ( *♡* )

N.b Raýne is pronounced as Raine