Chapter 15

Hashirama's POV

"Hashirama, it's time to eat. It is important to relax for a while. Don't stress out too much." My wife, Mito Uzumaki, took my arm and led me towards the table. She's already prepared our food while I was sitting in the living room doing paperwork. My mouth watered at the sight of food.

I'm lucky to have her as my wife.

"It has been a week since you arrived back home from a mission. I never got the chance to talk about this trip of yours." Mito's eyes glowed, "How did it go?"

I smiled at her excitement and told the story. She listened attentively while we ate, all the while scolding me from time to time when I mentioned the few mistakes I have made during the journey. Which in the middle of that, gave me a short lecture when I told her that I almost injured myself during the fight, and in which I pouted in return. I have to keep telling her that I can heal myself just fine, and she just frowns.

Then, I also told her about the woman I met who's incredibly amazing in medical ninjutsu. When I told Mito how talented she is, she mumbled in curiosity, interrupting me, "A magnificent golden glow, hm? It's true that such medical ninjutsu is unique and powerful enough to heal many wounded people... The only person I know who can do that is..." She paused as if in deep thought, trailing away as her eyes wandered around the room. After a moment, she pointed at me with her brow rose, "Did you at least get her name?"

I happily nodded, replying, "Her name is Mari, and she's from The Roots. It is my first time seeing someone who belonged there. Apparently, her village isn't so terrifying at all."

Out of nowhere, my wife put down her bowl and placed her chopsticks on the table, mumbling the woman's name repeatedly. "Mari... Mari, Mari, Mari... Where did I hear that name before?" I gave her a confused look, tilting my head out of curiosity, she thought long and hard to the point I almost finished my own food. After many long moments, suddenly, her eyes beamed and exclaimed, "Oh! I know her. Mari from The Roots! No wonder she sounds familiar."

My mouth gape open in surprise. "You knew her!? How?" My words sounded incoherent as I said it out loud since my mouth is full of rice. Mito is kind enough to put her finger under my chin to shut my mouth close. I gulped the food inside my mouth as I waited for her answer, repeating my question to make it sound clear.

"That's right, that's right. It was... hmm... Five– no, six years ago, perhaps, when I first met her. She was a medic in training back then," She chuckled at the memory, a warm glint sparkling in her eyes, "She was an assistant healer, so she was quite new about medical activities, or at least that's what I believe. And I think she accompanied her mentor who taught her about medical ninjutsu and other types of healing. My clan needs medical assistance at that time, and we asked for help from The Roots. Although it wasn't her mission, she wants to join her mentor so that she could learn what her mentor did in order to adapt it to her life until she becomes a successful medic in the future. Which she did, unsurprisingly. We became friends that day, and I introduced her to my clan. Despite her being two years younger than me, she behaves like a proper and kind lady."

I gleamed at the story, delighted at the thought of Mito knowing her after all this time, "Oh, I see! She's really good at healing now, she handles herself pretty well."

Mito nodded, giggling excitedly, "I'm very happy that she successfully reached her goal. It was the first and last time I met her." She sighed, the tension in her shoulders removed, "I'm glad you met her. Now that I know she's still continuing to pursue the path of helping people, it makes me happy. She is now a capable kunoichi who uses such powerful medical ninjutsu... It is not everyday for the Uzumaki to accept help from a non-clansmen about healing. In her case, she's different. Maybe it's the reason why the Uzumaki considered her as a good ally because of the capability to hold such power which is at quite of a level with the Uzumaki." She resumed eating her food.