iii

ophelia was sitting in her room in los angeles going through emails when her father called her. she picks up her phone and answers the call "hi daddy, what's up?" "hi sweetheart, are you busy right now? if not can you come over to the hotel really quick?".  her father was currently staying the ritz-carlton hotel for award show season, because he refuses to stay in his beverly hills home until their neighbours loud son goes to college.

 "uh sure. but why" ophelia answers while getting up and getting her bag. 

"i invited some of the avengers to have brunch and they want to see you" robert answers. "your brother is already here"

"okay im just leaving the house. bye, love you" she waits for her father to say goodbye before ending the call "bye sweetie, love you too"

ophelia gets into her car and drives to the hotel where the avengers and her father are waiting for her not before going to her favourite coffee shop.

timothée's walking down the street of rodeo drive hoping not to seen by any fans or paparazzi as he was tiered from all the red carpets and award shows he was attending. today he just wanted to relax and be semi-normal before going to the golden globes in 4 days. timothée walks to a nearby coffee shop to get a coffee as he was still pretty tiered from the night before. before he could even go inside of the coffee shop he bumps into a smaller body spilling their coffee all over his sweater.  

"oh my god, oh my god im so so sorry. i didn't mean to bump into you" he hears the person apologise as she bends down to pick up the stuff she dropped. timothée bends down to try to help her while apologising "no no no, i walked into you, i'm sorry". unfortunately as he bent down she stood up bumping their heads together. 

they both reach to grab their heads in pain before looking at each other. when they see who they ran into, they widen their eyes in surprise. timothée immediately blushes realising that he bumped into ophelia downey. the same ophelia downey that he's been crushing on for the past 2 months. he realises that he's just been staring at the girl, he brings his hand out and introduces himself.

"oh my god im so sorry it was totally my fault, im timothée". ophelia just chuckles shaking her head at the boy extending her hand to shake his. "no no i think it was both our faults. im ophelia" she introduces herself. "i know" timothée quickly says, the girl just looks at him with confusion. "i know who you are i mean" he clarifies, "i know who you are too" ophelia says seeing as the boy looks embarrassed from his flushed cheeks.

the boy feels a bit relived that he didn't completely embarrass himself in front of the girl, but he did still feel bad that he spilled her coffee, so he asks "can i buy you a new coffee? i feel really bad". ophelia smiles at him before speaking "thats so nice of you, but im in a bit of a rush right now, i have to meet my dad in like 5 minutes" she looks down to her watch and sees the time "oh shoot im already late"

 timothée feels a little disappointed but doesn't let it show "that cool, im sorry about your coffee again". "its totally fine, im sorry about your sweater too" ophelia says while she starts walking away, but not before saying "maybe we could get coffee on another day, message me!". timothée laughs feeling a bit better, "hahaha okay bye!". he walks away seeing the girl get into her car and driving away.

he smiles to himself thinking that the interaction definitely lifted his spirits up.

ophelia walks into the hotels restaurant looking for her father. she sees him and the avengers cast already eating without her. tom holland sees her first and starts waving at as she waves back, the rest of the avengers turn their heads to look at what tom was waving at. they see the young downey girl and start smiling. ophelia walks over to the table to where they all are "hi oh my god im so sorry im late" she says while kissing her father on the cheek. she goes to hug everyone on the table before taking a seat next to tom. 

"its totally fine poppy, we were just worried you got pulled over" scarlett johansson reassured her. "i mean with her driving history, we wouldn't be surprised" her brother adds, everyone at the table laughs cesars comment. "haha very funny cesar, you're no better and you know it" ophelia says while making a face at her brother.

chris evans looked at ophelia and asked her "why were you late anyway?". ophelia chuckles "someone bumped into me and spilled my coffee. at least it got spilled on them and not me". everyone nods understanding why she was late before going back to their conversations.

"i ordered you your usual already" robert tells ophelia knowing she was would be late. ophelia nods before going back into a conversation with tom. 

"so when are you guys going to start press for far from home?" ophelia asks tom. 

"in july, we're starting here as usual, then europe and asia. we're gonna be gone the entire month" he tells her. 

"aww im gonna miss you and daya that entire time" "haha zendaya and i will miss you too. maybe we could have dinner before i leave" ophelia agrees to toms suggestion even though he doesnt leave for another 4 months. she also doesn't realise that tom was flirting with her

toms always had a crush on the girl, i mean how could you not. he first met the girl when she visited her father on the set of civil war in 2015. but he didn't develop a crush on her until she started spending more time with him in 2018, so it wasn't like he's had a crush on her for 4 years. of course he's done nothing about his little crush because, a) he doesn't think she likes him back and b) she's roberts daughter, he would probable be incarcerated if robert found out.

all the avengers plus the 2 downey children are eating, laughing and talking the day away. catching up with one another, talking about new projects,  asking ophelia and cesar about school and speaking about their kids. all in all having a good day. although being surrounded by some of the most successful people in hollywood, ophelia couldn't help but think of the boy she spilled her coffee on earlier today. ophelia couldn't stop thinking about timothée chalamet

an: the timeline in this story is a bit different from the timeline in real life. most of it follows the same event just pushed a bit more forward.