OO4

➶ chapter 004

the sky was full of clouds and it was making the wind cold. the sun wasn't shining as it was covered by lumps of sky cottons.

it was the perfect weather for cleaning grounds.

it was nice until–

"go away!" yuki had her eyebrows furrowed while walking towards her classroom.

–yoshi annoyed her.

"if you're gonna clean elementary grounds then you should clean the garden at home too!" he beamed while following his cousin, "come on, it's not my fault why we're almost late!"

"you ate breakfast slower than usual." yuki growled before entering her classroom, closing the door in front of yoshi's face.

"whatever, cous." yoshi snickered before jogging away.

yuki took her seat and fixed her fringe.

she was almost late for today, good thing she wasn't! today's the day when the activity will happen and she's more than excited.

who wouldn't if their crush was their partner?

yuki then smiled to herself before she looked around, but there was no sign of haruto.

'late? later than me?'

she shrugged her shoulders before opening her bag. she had a small backpack, yet her things were missing. the notebook she used for the activity reminders wasn't in her bag. even her pencil case wasn't there.

then realization hit her; she didn't get those from her locker yet.

she was preoccupied and annoyed a while ago that she forgot going to her locker.

yuki glanced at her wristwatch before heading out of the classroom.

she still has about 5 minutes before the bell rings and she's sure she can go back in time.

she ran down stairs and turned left. people from other years are already going inside their respective classrooms.

she even saw asahi staring at her from inside his classroom.

yuki, of course, stopped and waved at him before running again.

she turned sharp left for the second time and bumped into someone. she had her face slammed on someone's chest.

"sorry!" yuki shut her eyes closed and massaged her nose bridge before walking pass by the person.

she walked towards the lockers and went for hers. she was in the middle of opening it when she realized that the person she bumped into earlier smelled familiar.

it was a familiar perfume that she knew for too long already.

'did my nose not work earlier?' she thought before remembering who owns that scent.

she looked back instantly and she was right. it was his perfume. haruto had his bag hanging on his right shoulder when he walked towards her. all yuki wants to happen to her now is be eaten by the ground.

yuki immediately bowed due to embarrassment and apologized again.

"i'm sorry, h-haruto!"

"w-we have 3 minutes left before we're late." haruto nervously glanced at his watch, "why are you still here?"

yukinara stood straight with red cheeks, "i-i forgot my t-things."

he stared at her for a while before saying "i'll wait for you." and leaning on the wall.

yuki's hands automatically moved on their own to open her locker while her heart started doing numerous of flips again.

'how can i forget his scent?' she frowned before opening her locker.

as expected, there was also a small box of orange juice. a smile formed her lips at the sight.

there won't be any time to be happy later since they'd be cleaning, so she swiftly took the straw and poked the box.

she held the juice box with her right hand while taking her notebook and pencil case with her left. she closed her locker with haste and looked nervously at her partner.

"orange juice?" haruto asked before he gestured her to start walking.

yuki just nodded before unintentionally squeezing the box for the second time this week. she drank every drop of her favorite orange juice before throwing the box in the trash bin.

"let's g-go." yuki wiped her lips before running upstairs.

meanwhile haruto was left staring at the juice box in the trash bin, trying his best to hide his smile.

he shook his head before he started running upstairs, too.