𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐒𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐬

The hold on my hair turns punishing and I am a hundred percent sure that it is meant to cause me pain. He wants me to suffer, cry, beg until I am left a bloody puddle on the ground.

"Come si desidera," the man says, then starts to drag me away from the man with the black shoes. I raise my hands to the hands of the man pulling me by my hair. I am in so much pain and I really don't know what part of my body to focus on first. I can feel strands of my hair pulling out of my scalp the more the man drags me to the other direction, the direction that doesn't have Gabe's body. "Please," I manage to squeak. "Please let me say goodbye to my best friend."

(As you wish)

The man lets out an amused laugh.

"Non c'è bisogno di salutarlo quando lo vedrai presto," he says then releases his hold on my hair. I let out a small breath of relief at the small freedom that has been given to me. Looking up to take in the man that has caused me so much pain, I focus on his hands and sure enough, little black strands of hair cling to his palm.

(No need to say goodbye when you will be seeing him soon.)

"I swear I will not report you to the police if you just let me take my brother to the hospital. He is dying, please." I try to plead with him.

"Questa puttana," he smirks. Then presses his rough hand on throat. The hold isn't tight enough that I can't breathe. It's just there to warm me to keep my mouth shut and its working. It's not until I take in the full length of his arm that I notice the red trail that marks it. The metallic smell hits my nose and I heave. My reaction earns a smile from my tormentor.

(This bitch)

"You don't like blood?" he asks in a mocking tone. "Do you want to know who's blood it is?" he asks in an exaggerated American accent.

I bang my head against the cold object behind me which I realise is a car. I feel so light headed and weak and I pray for unconsciousness to overcome me. Maybe this is all a dream and I'll wake up.

"Answer me," he squeezes so hard that I raise my hands to scratch his. My nails dig into his skin but all that does is fuel his rage. I buck against him, eyes wide as fear that I have never felt before takes over my body.

I am going to die

I am going to die

"Shame really," he says with a smile. "You really are a pretty thing."

The pressure he applies is enough to stop my futile attempts at fighting for my life. That's it. This is the end. A calm numbness takes over my being then everything starts going black. It really is a beautiful colour. Just a few more seconds and I'll be in a happier place, somewhere where I get married and have two children with Gabe. He would finish his economics degree that he worked so hard to fund and I would start my own clothing brand and become a big name all over the world. My life would have meant something. I would mean something to someone and live happily.

1, 2, 3

Everything around me is nothing but black.

*•♡ _____________♡•*

Tick tock

Tick tock

The rhythmic sound imprints itself in my brain. I am tempted to open my eyes just to see what keeps making that sound but keeping them closed seems like a better option. Or At-least, my mind seems to think it is. I am stuck in this peaceful in and out state that I can not seem to get out of. I get into a time where everything is peaceful and calm and numb, where nothing bothers me and true happiness exists and then there is a time when the sound rings in my ear and pain consumes my body. The cycle has gone on for as long as I can remember but for the thirty minutes or so, I can not go back to the peaceful slumber that I long for. I tire of lying still with my eyes closed when my mind begs me to open them. Slowly, be-it reluctantly, I open my eyes. The first attempt brings misery to my very soul because light so bright attacks my eyes. I wait a couple of minutes before I open my eyes again, then again and again until my eyes get used to the brightness. I stare at the blinding lights on the ceiling until I feel strong enough to move my neck. Pain engulfs me, red hot and searing but I don't have the strength to turn my head back around.

"You're finally awake," says a voice I don't recognise from the opposite side of the room. I hear footsteps then a body occupies the other side of the bed I am laying on. Large hands cup my cheeks then make me face the side where the man is sitting.

Our eyes meet and panic fills my chest.

"You've been out for two days," he continues as a small frown forms on his face. Those eyes, I remember those eyes. I remember the pain I was in that night and suddenly the peaceful numbness disappears. The pain is back, cold and biting.

Gabe

"Ah, and the tears starts to fall," he muses. The pain in my neck restricts me from moving or utter a single word. A lone finger traces my face until he stops by my ear and tucks a strand of my hair back. "I really should have left you to your fate but you caught me interest," his finger continues its journey down my face then even lower to my collar bone. "I should have left you to die right in the middle of the road but I didn't. Do you want to know why?" he questions in a low tone. I don't dare answer him. And even if I wanted to, I cant bring myself to go through the pian of speaking. He answers me anyway. "Because of this," he pulls the heavy sheet that was wrapped around my body down and it only occurs to me now that I am fully naked. I don't have time to worry about what he might have done to me while I was out because he points to the mark on the skin over my heart.

No

I stare at him in disbelief.

"Yes little princess, I know who you are. And I am going to make you regret being born Aria Marie Spencer."