Be Gone, You Annoying Evildoer!

Aislinn Marsh's Perspective 

Oh no, uh-uh, just no. I don't want to get up and start yet another school year. And I certainly don't want to deal with stupid people again. Is dropping out still an option? I think it is. Yeah! Ha! That's an amazing solution! I'll just drop out! I jumped up and down ecstatic at my ingenious solution.

Well, the clone that lives inside my head did, but that just as good as me physically doing it, right?

Physically, I was still in my bed. My black and blue comforter was covering my entire body all the way up to my chin. My eyes were looking past my body, across the bed, and glued to a spot on my dresser. The object in question was my annoying alarm clock. It was making this insufferable noise that proceeded to get louder, despite me begging it to turn its self off.

On the face of the clock it said 6:30. Yeah, 6:30 I know, way to early for an inanimate object to be this bossy. I played around with the prospect of actually getting up and physically turning off this stupid thing. So, the playing around started with me imagining myself getting out of this really comfy bed and gently turning it off to watching my alarm clock burst into flames. I watched it melt slowly the fire stopping when it touched the wood below. Watching this happen was very satisfying. Especially since I was watching from the bed.

Until I realized that it was still beeping. I squeezed my eyes shut. Be gone, you annoying evildoer! My imaginary clone shouted at it.

"Aislinn please get up and turn that stupid thing off!" My dad yelled.

I squinted one eye open.

"Get up and get ready for school," he added.

I groaned loudly.

I had a dream last night that the school burnt down. I may or may not have been the person to set it as such, however, that is not the point. The point of the matter is that the school was burning to its demise along with all of the textbooks and calculators. Especially the calculators. The library and any other book that was not intended for educational purposes were untouched by the fire. In the dream I was standing there watching the hight of the flames get higher and higher until finally they had nothing left to fuel them so they died out.

But it did not happen, so as a result I have to actually get up. I let out another groan as I wondered how I would be able to complete such an impossible task.

I decided that Instead of getting out of bed like a normal person, as in using one arm to pull the covers off of me, sit up and then slowly get up, I would fling my arms out of my fluffy cocoon all of the sudden to cause the covers to go flying in the air. Then it became a race.

I had at least five seconds before those same covers landed on me again, trapping me so that they could consume me. Every morning they whisper in my ear to stay in bed and become one with them. It sounds luxurious I know, but don't let the heavenly sound of being lazy and irresponsible fool you. If I get caught in this innovative trap then I will most certainly die! If I stay in this bed then I won't go to school today. If I don't go to school today then I won't go to school for the rest of the year. If I don't go to school for the rest of the year then I won't go to school for the rest of my life, and if that happened then I will never get a job. Not because I don't have an education, fuck education. It's because I won't get out of bed! By that point the bond between me and my bed will be so strong that not even an elephant's trunk could pull me out! Even if I was covered in tree bark.

Floof.

I looked down and saw that I had been so caught up in why I need to get out of bed that I completely forgot to physically do it. I quickly flailed my arms and legs wildly about in attempts to limit the amount of contact my skin had with the covers.