This Child is Getting Wildly Out of Wing.

I recommend listening to I Just Can't Wait to be King from The Lion King, Zero to Hero from Hercules, and Under the Sea from The Little Mermaid before reading this chapter. 

Kara Adler's Perspective

"And like, can you believe, like, what else he did?"

My arms pumped faster, mirroring the ferocity of my mood. I've run five streets and my sides finally began to burn, but only slightly. I noticed that my breathing was coming out in short bursts which was not good so I focused on breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth. I was tired, sweating, and annoyed but I still asked, "what did he do this time Aniya?"

She immediately rushed into an explanation, as if she expected me to ask. "He like, ignored me! Like, just flat out ignored me! Can you believe it? Like, I mean like, I am his girlfriend, he should like, pay attention to me. Like, Right? I mean of course I'm right. And get this, like, when I was trying to talk to him, like, his phone rang and he, like, picked it up and, like, started to talk to someone else, and I mean, like, totally ignoring me! It's like, so unfair! I mean, like, seriously how much of this do I need to take, like, before he finally, like, realizes how wonderful, deserving, and, like, absolutely fabulous I am? I might just have to break up with him again. Like, he always comes back to me begging for me to take him back. Like, I am just so done with him! Kara, do you agree with me? Kara? Are you still there?"

Through my loud huffing and puffing I responded. "Yes, Aniya, I am still here."

"Why didn't you say anything? Like, did you even listen to me?"

"Yes, Aniya I listened to you." My voice sounded like a robot but I honestly don't care and I don't think she does either. Either that or she is to self-absorbed to notice.

"Well? Like, what do you think I should do?"

"Oh, so your asking me now?"

"Yes Kara, like, I'm asking you what you think I should do. So like, don't be a bitch about it."

I wish I could tell you how much vile and sass was in that statement but I, like, just can't.

My legs suddenly burst with speed, tapping into the last reserves of my energy. "Have you asked him why he ignored you?" I breathlessly croaked. The wind was blowing through my hair, leaving a long red streak behind me. Sweat was dripping down my face and down the back of my neck. My thighs were screaming at me, and my head was pounding in time with my footsteps. My nose was overwhelmed with the scent of freshly cut grass and pine trees. My ears were not only filed with Aniya's annoying voice but I could also hear my heartbeat beating loud and clear, almost drowning out the sound of her voice. Almost.

She was silent for a few seconds obviously thinking. She then started speaking slowly but then got faster the more she spoke. "Um no but, like, I shouldn't have to. Like, he should tell me himself. Like, Part of a relationship is, like, communication you know. So, like, he should be able to tell me why he, like, ignored me, like, if there even was, like, a reason. Anyway, like, yeah I'm, like, just going to break up with him and then, like, watch him come back to me on his hands and knees and, like, beg for my mercy. Which of course I'll, like, give it to him, but, like, at least I'll have scared him first. So yeah, like, that's totally what I'm, like, gonna do. Bye Kara. See you, like, at school."

Without waiting for a response Aniya hung up the line. Good thing too because my legs gave out. I tipped forward and my legs threatened to give out. Bending over and putting my hands on my knees, I tried to catch my breath. I was gasping for air and my lungs were burning slightly. I ran a little harder then I should have but I'm sure it'll be fine. After a few minutes my breathing became normal and I could actually function like the normal human being I am.