[wilbur cries a lot]

authors note. this really was meant to be a joke. don't dox me please. if either of em say they don't like stannies or fanfic then i'll take this down. sleepytwt, i'm so fucking sorry. [1200 words.]

wilbur wipes angrily away at his tears, and his door shuts with a click.

though the walk from pizza hut was only about ten minutes, he felt exhausted. maybe it was the walk, maybe it was the humiliation and shame, maybe it was because he was dehydrated! who was wilbur to say?

he trudges up the stairs and dismally faceplants into his bed. he blinks back yet more tears (god, how long had he been fucking crying for?) and pulls out his phone. he first blocks dream on twitter, and then closes the app. he opens his instagram, scrolling through mindlessly, trying to distract from the self loathing.

he hates how fucking excited he was (disbelief, shock and pure joy lighting up his face, throwing his hands up and whooping) when dream had nonchalantly agreed. he hates how casual dream had been, and he hates how he lacked (and lacks) the foresight to see this happening.

techno had warned him, had sat on the counter, advising wilbur to not trust the floridian boy with far too much free time, and wilbur had laughed him off, (failing to notice the worry in techno's eyes, the way he was holding back words for his sake,) and insisted that dream wouldn't do something like that.

wilbur chokes back yet another sob. he has been weeping for far too long, his eyes have seemingly no more tears cry. he knows he needs to drink water, but he can't face tommy, can't face phil, can't face techno.

he had used tommy and his other friend (what was it, tubbo? will feels ashamed he has already forgotten,) to ask dream out, and though tommy complained a lot, wil knew he didn't mind helping. and later, after dream had said yes and they were on their way home, (wilbur still grinning like a fucking idiot) tommy had lightly punched his shoulder, and cracked another joke.

phil had been supportive too, (throwing a glance at techno) and ruffled his hair. 

wilbur thought it would be perfect.

but dream hadn't even showed up.

didn't text him, didn't apologise, didn't do anything to soothe wil's aching heart. wilbur feels so fucking ashamed for even thinking he stood a chance. dream was too good to be true. 

wilbur is interrupted from wallowing in his thoughts by a knock at the door.

techno's head around the door.

"so? how was it?" his eyes scan over wilbur's teary eyes, an indecipherable look on his face.

"he- techno- i-" will feels tears pricking his eyes again, and the self loathing in his stomach only worsens. techno sits down next to him on his bed, and pushes his brother's head onto his chest, raking his hands through will's hair, comforting him.

wilbur is properly crying now, choking on his sobs as he tries to tell techno what happened.

"he- he didn't even fucking show up, techno. i waited for hours."

techno doesn't respond with an, "i told you so." he doesn't mock wilbur for not knowing and he doesn't let go. he doesn't respond at all, and continues to let his brother cry into his shirt.

"hey, it's okay. it's okay," techno mutters, and eventually, eventually wilbur stops shaking, stops crying, and pulls away.

he doesn't say anything, he doesn't have to. he knows techno understands.

techno ruffles his hair one last time, and leaves, shutting the door gently behind him.

his phone chooses this moment to give a little ding, and wilbur reluctantly picks it up. 

it's a text from dream.

his face twists into a glare, and angrily opens the message, using too much force on his phone.

dream, 11:47
hey, i saw you blocked me on twitter, is everything okay?

wilbur, 11:48
take a wild fucking guess.

will is tempted to block him there and then, but he wants to see how this will turn out.

dream, 11:48
???
i dont understand?

wilbur, 11:48
maybe it has something to do with the fact you stood me up?

dream, 11:49
i thought we were going on a date tomorrow?
did you think it was today?

wilbur blinks a little. he was sure they had arranged for today, he knew it was today. so why was dream lying?

wilbur, 11:49
no, it was meant to be today

dream replies instantly. 

dream, 11:50
no, it was meant to be tomorrow, you got it wrong.
ah well, happens to the best of us
we were meant to meet up tomorrow, brightons pizza hut, 8 pm, remember?

wilbur knows dream is fucking lying. he wants to throw it in his face.

but the chance at a second date is too good to resist. 

wilbur, 11:52
oh,

dream, 11:52
xd
looking forward to it <3

wilbur, 11:52
me too :)

and there he has it.

he feels so fucking disgusted with himself (surely he knows his worth more than this, surely he can't be this fucking stupid,) but he makes no attempt to contact dream and reject him.

he feels a fresh wave of tears overcome him, he needs to raise his self esteem.

it's almost midnight, but he knows tommy will still be awake. he dries his tears, takes and deep breath, and opens the door. he leaves his room, and, knocking on the door, (gently as to not disturb phil and techno) enters tommy's room.

tommy swivels around on his gaming chair to face him.

"hello, wilbur soot."

"hi, tommy."

"how did your little date with dweam go?"

wilbur couldn't believe he was about to do this. "tommy, i need advice."

his younger brother, looking extremely chuffed with himself, says, "yeah? with what?"

will cuts straight to the chase. "dream stood me up. he's offering me a second date. what do i do?" (he knows he is leaving out a couple of crucial details, but the truth is, he's not coming to tommy for advice, he's coming to get ana affirmation of what he wants to hear. will decides not to think about that, though.)

tommy suddenly becomes aware of the tear tracks staining wilbur's face, the redness of his eyes, and the messiness of his hair. "wil? you okay?"

"tommy. i need advice."

"well, don't do it? he'll hurt you again. will, this dream guy sounds like an utter bastard."

"he's your friend," wilbur deadpans, and tommy snorts.

"not anymore. no one stands up my brother," he announces, so sure of his words.

wilbur is touched, really, but that's not the answer he wants.

"i think i'll do it anyways," he says, giving the confused tommy a hard glare.

"wil. you don't want to do that," tomorrow warns.

"yes, yes i do." and with that, wilbur is out the door leaving a worried, (and slightly upset) tommy  staring as the door closes gently. he hesitantly turns back to his editing, resolving to tell techno and phil in the morning.

wilbur, on the other hand, walks back to his bed with confidence, and as soon as the door of his room is shut, promptly starts crying again.

[once again. i am so sorry.]