Chapter 1

A strong wind blew, and the thick grass was blown to one side.

On the grassland, several lionesses were quietly approached the gazelle that drank water by the river, which was their target goal today. They gathered their feet, quietly approached their prey through the cover from the grass and made a sudden attack less than two meters from the lone adult gazelle.

Soon the gazelle fell into the pool of blood, and the lioness put their front paws on the gazelle, made a deafening roar, called the lions and their children to came to eat.

The male lion, Ghana, was a strong and sturdy lion. He and his younger brother Ryan were the rightful rulers of these nine lionesses. When they arrived at their prey, Ghana and Ryan enjoyed the prey without hesitation, chewed the gazelle with fresh blood, and the lionesses stood beside them, waited quietly for the two lions to finish their meal before enjoyed their own share. By the time for the cubs to eat, there was not much meat left for them.

At this time, the strong and old lions rushed up and pushed their weaker brothers and sisters aside, chewed on the prey, and even the dregs would not be left for the younger siblings. A young lion was reluctantly rushed to his brother's side, tried to stop him from eating a single meat, and fighting for his own welfare, but his brother didn't hesitate to open his paw, even the lion mother didn't say anything when they saw this scene.

The lions, Ghana and Ryan, were full. They leisurely wandered in their own territory and patrolling their territory like a pampered king. The lionesses were responsible for hunting and breeding. The lions were responsible for defending the territory and defeating intruders. The way lions divided their work had always been like this.

In a bush not far from the lion pride, suddenly a small fluffy yellow head emerged. The round ears were propped up, a pair of round yellow-brown eyes were looking warily around it. Moving its ears from time to time, and even a gust of wind and grass was unwilling to let go.

Gerald[1] was also a cub among the Ghana and Ryan lion pride, but he couldn't enjoy the treatment like the other cubs. Gerald's mother, Lily, was not the lioness of this lion pride, but a foreign lioness. No one knew where she came from, but she was indeed very different from the lioness of Ghana's lion pride. Lily was once shunned because she was not related to other lionesses in the lion pride. Fortunately, her ability to hunt was very strong. Ghana liked her. Other lionesses, despite reluctance, still accepted Lily for the sake for increasing food.

Soon, Lily became pregnant. Unlike the other lioness, which had two to five cubs each, Lily gave birth to only one cub named Gerald. Now, Gerald had been born for three years, he should be an adult by the age of the lion, but he was still a skinny little lion and doesn't look like growing up, even his six month old sister looked stronger than him. Lily was different, and Gerald was a complete freak. Because of this, the mother and the child were once again rejected by the lion pride, even Ghana no longer favored Lily and began to leave her.

Despite the loss of affection from the male lion, Lily's hunting ability was still there. Lily still could support her and her cub even if she was foraging alone from the lion pride. With Lily, Gerald would never be hungry. Gerald never had to worry about food until he was two and a half years old. The good times didn't last long. During a fight against rhinoceros, because the other lioness in the lion pride failed to cooperate with Lily, she was surrounded by three adult male rhinos and broke her belly.

Lily was dead. Losing his mother's shelter, Gerald, who did not have the ability to survive alone, soon followed his mother. And just at that moment, an unfortunate person caught up with the tide and wore Gerald's body who had just died. People who used to sit in the office now had to run around for their own livelihoods and carefully followed the lion pride every day in the hope of finding out what he had missed. It's not glory to eat someone else's leftovers, but in order to survive, everything could be tolerated.