Whispered Wishes

Within an hour and a half my servants had cleared out everything my aunt and her husband had left. And they had replaced everything. Too my utter dismay they castle didn't even have WiFi. So here I was just sitting in a large meeting room making plans and setting up modern appliances and fixtures. Thank god this place had electricity and plumbing. I had been assigned four royal advisors and all of them were snooty older adults. But they were respectful and kept their rude comments to themselves. My favorite advisor was Sasha, she was a siren and held fierce determination in her stare. She was twenty-seven with unruly black curls and bright lavender eyes. She was my height and was the only one I related to. Possibly because we both fed off of sexual energy but oh well.

There was Janet, an elderly woman with her grey hair in a tight bun, she had a pinched face and fantastic posture, but her shrewd blue eyes and thin lips made her look constantly disgusted. She was a bird shifter, an egret. Next was Drake, who was a huge asshole with a superiority complex and narcissism. He had longish brown hair with reddish brown eyes and a pair of fangs to match. The jerk was extremely tall and pale, perfect vampire package. I only tolerated Louis, he was in his late thirties early forties. He was a wall of muscle and pointed looks. Not too mention his personality was pervy and rude. But he was smart and knew strategy.

Sash would advise me on politics and manners, Janet on social interactions and etiquette. Apparently I wasn't royal worthy in my behavior. Drake would teach me how to form alliances and how to profile people on sight. However Louis was to teach me war strategies and managing the kingdom. But all of them would help in teaching me what exactly I was supposed to do every minute of every day. I was assigned two girls my age to be my ladies in waiting, which was so not happening. This place needed a serious upgrade.

As of now I am currently hidden away in the library, avoiding everyone. I had slept for thirty-six hours straight after being led to my new room and having a relaxing shower. I was clean and well rested, not to mention well-fed. "Your Majesty? Queen Aspen are you in here, Sir Drake is looking for you. It is time for your riding lesson." It was Clarice, my first lady in waiting. Oh, did I forget to mention Drake is trying something weird medieval courting me thing. He thinks walks in the garden and horse rides are dates. It's so outdated here, but at least I now have WiFi and a phone.

"Um, I'm not going Clarice." I said, flinching when the girl gave me a hard glare. She was scary, plus she had dressed me and knew where my weapons were. She had leverage over me. "Your Majesty, he is a fine man with royal blood and of high standing. It would not be polite to ignore his offer. Sir Drake is not going to put up with your childish behavior for much longer, queen or not." The girl had a mouth on her, but I loved her old time speak.

"Ugh, fine take me to Sir Asshole." I groaned, allowing my friend to drag me out of my sanctuary. Colton, Gage, Violet, and Jared were arriving tomorrow to visit me and I couldn't wait to be reunited with my friends. Jared was bringing the entire pack of hellhounds. I missed my people. But they would only be here for two days before others started arriving. My big coronation ball ceremony thingy was coming up. And everyone who was anyone in the supernatural community would be there. Including Sam..... if he was still alive. God I hoped I killed him.

"I almost wasn't expecting you to show up, Your Highness." Drake snipped when Clarice finally pulled me into the stables. Seriph was weaving between the horse's legs and I saw that Drake had saddled a small grey mare for me. He however had chosen a huge monster of a stallion that was a rich mahogany color. Clarice left after delivering me to Drake the asshole. I mounted the mare and started forward. Throwing all my etiquette classes to the wind and taking lead. I was struggling to change the sexist laws, I mean how can I  when my own advisors won't let me be myself. Drake was supposed to be leading the ride seeing as how he was male and all. Yeah, not happening. Seriph bounded ahead of me and I heard Drake curse under his breath.