Chapter 1

"Oh come on Hannah, please. Eat it for mommy" I looked at my daughter. After she ate dinner, we sat down to watch some Disney.

"Mommy"

"Yes darling?"

"Can I be a princess when I grow up?"

"Sweetie, you're already a princess for me" Half an hour later I tucked her in bed, and went to my room.

The apartment was really small, but for me and a tiny kid, it was okay.

I called my friend Kian, who got his medical degree recently. He was older than me, but that meant that he has much more experience in life.

"Hi, it's me Dora, you know, your sister's uni roommate?"

"Hey, yes I know. You dropped out almost 4 years ago. How are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine thanks, how are you doing?"

"I'm glad that I finally got my degree, it took me fucking ages."

"Congrats on that by the way. Uh I need to ask something."

"Yes?"

"How much does a DNA thing cost, you know where they find out who is the father?" long silence. "Are you still there?"

"Yes, listen, is it okay if I go to your place and discuss this maybe tomorrow morning?"

"Sure thank you"

"No problem"

"I'll text you my address"

"Okay."

Before going to sleep I made sure Hannah is okay, and I crashed on my bed, watching youtubers. 

Next morning I woke up at 7, made breakfast, and half an hour after we finished eating, my doorbell rang.

"A SECOND" I yelled.

"Who is it mommy?"

"Friends. Do you want to see them?"

"No" she shook her head.

"Go back to your room then and check your tiny desk, there is a box, with a do not open sign. Santa told me not to open it, so he put a note on it, only you can open it" I smiled at her.

"Okay" she said and my doorbell rang again.

"COMING RIGHT NOW" I yelled, Hannah thrusted back her door, and I ran to open the one I was supposed to. "Sorry about that come in."

"I have a surprise, I hope you don't mind it"

"Don't 'it' me you scumbag"

"Eliza? HOLY SMOKES I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN AGES"

"ME NEITHER JESUS CHRIST"

"Both of you, come in, I'll be back in a sec." I peeked in Hannah's room, I've never seen a smile this big before on her little face. She asked for a matchbox, and I got her one. She absolutely hates dolls. Just like I did when I was a kid. I think that it is perfectly fine if either a boy wants to play with dolls or a girl wants to play with cars.

Eliza snuck behind me, and peeked into the room.

"So she's doing okay, thank god"

"Let's go back to your brother." I said. Kian was texting someone. 

"So it actually depends where and when and shit but I think I can ask my friend." he said "he won't do it for free though."

"Of course, sure"

"But can I be a bit nosey?"

"Why not"

"What happened?"

Eli turned to her brother and asked:

"You remember when the Gatsby copycat guy got kicked out of uni? And we all got really fucking wasted and"

"Excuse me for a second" I went into Hannah's room. "Please honey can you come outside for a second?"

"Why?" 

"Someone needs to meet you" 

We eventually went outside. "She's Hannah, my daughter, the consequence of the party."

"I understand now why you dropped out... Hi Hannah, I'm Kian."

"You remember Eliza right?" I asked her.

"Auntie Eliza?" They started aaaw-ing, I looked at her and nodded.

"You can go back now, or you want to watch the telly?"

"Belle" she said.

"Okay. A second and you can watch it" I mouthed sorry to both of them.

A few minutes later, we were sitting at the table, discussing what can we do.

After all, I called Louise. We've spoken about a lot of stuff including our daughters. 

We met at the doctor's when she was pregnant too, we both went for a check-up, she told me I look really young, and asked how old I am.

I told her I'm 19 (because around that time I was nineteen), and asked if my parents know about it.

I told her that since I came in this country, my only parent does not give a shit about me, so I got a job as a barista for a while, then I got kicked out and went to a clothes shop. 

My roommate moved out when I told her that I'm expecting a child, so me and Hannah could stay there.
After telling all these we exchanged numbers and the doctor called her in. 

"Hi" Louise greeted into the phone "How are you two doing?"

"Not bad, but she's asking more and more every day, how are you three doing?" I laughed a bit

"Great, thank you, do you wanna come over for a bit, to talk?"

"Yes sure thank you"

"Jack is here, I hope you don't mind him he is staying here for a few days"

"I haven't met him yet, but I cannot wait"

"He can be really annoying"

"That's okay"

"Okay, call me if you're here" she laughed. She always know when I'm completely done with life, and usually that is when I go and bring Hannah over to their place to play with Darcy.

I went to Hannah's room.

"Sweetie, we're going over to Louise, you can bring your car if you want to"

"To Darcy?"

"Yes that is where Darcy is." 

After half an hour of traffic, we arrived. The children went to play with toys, and we gathered in the living room.

"So, as I heard your voice, there are some questions"

"Hannah is keep asking me where is daddy where is daddy, and I feel so awful"

"What do you say to her?"

"Daddy is on a long vacation. I feel like poop because that" This sentence was funny, because I had to stop swearing because of my kid, but I had to express myself somehow.

"You still couldn't figure out who is the dad right?"