Chapter 17 - Last Legacy

2 weeks later new Zealand
Rebeccas home country

We all gathered at the church near Rebeccas home town. I am not paying much attention to what's going on around me. I am thinking of the times we spent together. Melissa isn't the same she's crying and heart broken standing with Sarah whose comforting her. I take a glance around the church which is fairly full then I face the front looking up at the cross. My thoughts run wild then the pastor calls us to the front to take away the coffin to the grave. We arrive at the grave and the pastor begins to talk.

"We are gathered here today to lay to rest our dear sister, mother, friend and wife. The world has lost one more angel but will never be forgotten. Her soul her legacy will forever ever be in our hearts but I now call upon her husband Jake Anderson to say the last few words please come up."

Melissa is laying against my arm. I get up and she holds my hand I turn around and look at her. I smile she let's go I walk up to the front and take out a letter." Good morning everyone. I never thought I had to say goodbye. Never in a million years. I promised her that I would take care of her until my end, but she took care of me until hers. I remembered the day we meet while we where on school in the academy her touch, her voice those eyes. Waking up knowing I won't see that again..." I take a breath." It's going to be hard. I wrote poem with the help of our daughter as a fairwell to you. It reads as follows."

*A star
A star shall pass through the sky
Without any sounds near by
But a star has a light.
A light so bright it lights up the night

My world was filled with darkness
No answers I could find
Then looking into the emptiness
I found my hearts desire

She moved like a shadow
But as bright as a summer day.
Big heart like the sky

Yet many elements like the stars
I never thought I would see her
Yet alone be with her
But even so my heart was not filled

I still seeked that burst of fire like a star
Then as night came unto me
And it filled the skies once again

I soon began to realise
The star shall come and go
Its light shall shine and fade
But the memory of its existence
Shall never fade away.*

I wipe the tears from my eyes. Melissa runs up to me and I hug her. There's a cold silence." Rest in peace my dear wife." Melissa says. "Rest in peace mommy." I kiss her on the head." Until we meet again once more in glory." I pick Melissa up and walk to take a seat. The pastor closes the service and the start to lower the coffin into the ground. I stare with Melissa in my arms crying. I get a flash backs
While watching the coffin going down.

Years ago... Flash backs

1st flash back
" Jake promise me when we get married and have our daughter I get to name her."" What no I get to name her you lost the bet remember?"" Okay fine but make it good one, what will it be?"" Melissa, your sisters name."

I look at Melissa iny arms as she's crying and I hold her tightly against my chest.

2nd flashback
"Rebecca will you Marry and make me the happiest man alive.""Yes I will." runs up to me.

3rd flashback
"Jake I got good news."" What is it?""I am pregnant we are going to have our daughter and our family and live happy ever after."

4th flashback
"Don't ever let any hurt our daughter. Love her like we never been loved before. Look at her so beautiful."" Yes just like her mother and just like you she'll be great."

Present time...

We all leave everything is done and we make our way back to my house. Everyone is eating having a good time talking. Family and friends comforting me and giving advice. Finally everyone leaves besides Sarah, Emily and Luke. I am sitting in the dining room with Luke and Sarah. Emily comes down the stairs and walks to us." She finally fall asleep, don't worry she's sleeping well I made sure."" Thank you Emily. Maybe she feels safer with you around."" Yeah have to get use to the grandma thing." We all laugh.

I take a sip of my drink. Luke asks me a question." So what's your plans going forward Jake?"" I am planning on retire and moving back home to Australia. Melissa needs that support right now." Sarah asks." What about you? Are you okay?"" I will be eventually but right now Melissa needs me and my family will surely be helpful. What do you plan on doing Sarah?"

" I am going back home to for a while then joining Emily at the academy to train the future kids and stop any last Element agents." I turn to Luke." And you?"" I am leaving the shadow agency and maybe join the FBI or CIA they been asking about me. Since the shadow angecy will be closing."" Good you all take care. It's time to live our lives the why we want to for a change."

I take a look at everyone in the room." I always knew things would turn out differently but not like this you know. Not like this."

9 years later Australia...

" Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to Melissa happy birthday to you." Everyone singing and laughing. She blows out her candles. My mother and father wish her and my sisters and brother as well. I walk up to her." Happy 16th birthday my angel here you go." I hand over a box to her. She takes it and asks."What is it?"" Open it up and see." She opens it up and sees a necklace filled with only 3 pearls each with the first letter of our names R.J.M she looks at me and smiles." Your mother made that when you were born and wanted you to have it on your 16th birthday." She sheds a tear and gives me a hug. We all clap and have a party.

Melissa is enjoying herself with her cousins and friends. I watch her from the kitchen area then head outside and take a seat on the bench. My mother comes out Looks at me and takes a seat next to me." You not not looking like you enjoying yourself my dear."" Yeah mom. It's just I wanted her too see her daughter. She'd be so proud right now."" Yeah she would and proud of you. For looking out for her so long." We both smile at each and gives me a kiss on the cheek. Melissa comes outside."Here you are dad come on let's dance."" Are you sure, I don't want to embarrass you by wiping your ass like I did."" That was a mistake and I doubt you'll win again so bring it on old man."  I get up and chase after. We dance and party hole night through.

3 days later...

"Come on dad wake up let's go we going to be late.""For what exactly?"" Remember our breakfast with me and Jade."" Oh yes yes.""Come come get up shower and meet us downstairs." I get done and clean up we head out to a near by restaurant. We all take a seat and start ordering our food. Melissa laughs at Jade and looks at me." So when are you going to start dating again dad?" Jade shakes her head.

"Yeah bro when are you?""Dad it's been 9 years I know you loved mom but she wouldn't want to see like this so get in the game." Melissa laughs and says." I think I am gonna get a boyfriend."" No you not."" Why not you said when I turn 16 I can get one and I paasd all your fighting lessons."" I'll think about it." Jade laughs." Or just do it behind his back ill cover you."

I give them both a look and shake my head."I am a grown man I don't need you to give me advice okay." They laugh at me." Okay I need to go to the bathroom Jade are you coming with?"" Yes." They get up and go to the bathroom. A lady red hair kinda tall very attractive approaches me and smiles." Hay I am sorry, this might sound wired but I noticed you and just wanted to know if you single?"

" Yes I am at the moment thank you."" Good nice daughter you have, your wife wouldve been proud of her."" Thank you she would've been but how do you know about my wife."" Okay before you freak out Jake. I am agent Kate. I have something for you?"" No I am done with everything please could you leave before my daughter and sister arrive."" Well you going to want to know about this. It's about your mother."

I give her a look."What do you mean?"" Call this number and we can talk. And I think you should let her date. Rebecca would've besids you trianed her well." She gets up and walks away. Melissa and Jade only see that she gave me her number and they walk up to the table." Dad who was that?"" Nobody."" Well that nobody just gave you her number."" Go wait I the car I'll be there shortly. Both of you go now! " They get up and leave smiling at me. I take out my phone and make a call."  Hay Emily you've got time. I need you tell me that story about my mom you been wanting to tell me. Yeah I like to hear everything about it."

End of chapter...