Chapter Three

three

_____________

The coffee shop was jam packed today. I couldn't rant because it was good for me. Raining tips coming my way. Just as how I liked it. I was busy taking orders, roaming around to attend to customers' demands. 

By 2 pm, there were few customers left. My legs were slightly shaking, but I didn't mind it. When my legs had enough rest, I stood up from the chair and got straight to where the new customers were. 

Working in the service industry was really difficult. So difficult. Being treated like shit by 'God's only child' like customers. Demanding as if I was their personal maid. Never mind. As soon as I save up money, I would enroll  in a crash course Interior Design or animation. 

I had been overworking myself for the last two days as I didn't want to remember my craziness that night. What did he think of me? I must have sounded like a creepy because of all the things I drunkenly blurted.  Ugh!

Erase. Erase.

I was now approaching the man whose broad back was facing me. If I wasn't tired already, I would have scanned him thoroughly. I badly needed rest. My embarrassment had worn off already, so there was no need for me to overwork just to shut the memories in my head. 

"Hello, Sir, are you ready to order? 

His head was in a bowed position as he typed on his phone. A sudden familiar scent hit my nostrils. Clean, crisp, woody...the combination smell of salty sea and woody spices. My eyes followed the broad back of the guy who passed behind me. 

Nope, not him. He looked just like an ordinary guy.  Xavier was every inch of a high fashion model. Back and front. He was way taller, broad-shouldered, and gorgeous. 

Stop, brain!  You were glorifying him too much.

I heard someone cleared his throat. I spun around to attend to the customer I had forgotten, only to be shocked and stood completely frozen. So the intoxicating scent I smelled was him...I was praying so hard that I didn't gape at him openly, as adding another embarrassing moment would be the total death of me. 

"Hi, one double shot espresso and triple almond cinnamon rolls, please. Thank you," Now that I was sober, his voice registered clear on my ears. Deep, low, manly voice. I gripped the ballpen in my hand, fearing he would see how my hand tremor while listing his orders. 

"O-one double shot espresso and triple almond cinnamon rolls coming up," I stuttered a bit when I repeated his orders.  I didn't dare look at him, even though I wanted to see his gorgeous face so bad. 

Just a glimpse would do.

I was surprised to see a glint of recognition in his brown eyes. He was looking at me which made me paused for a few seconds before I hurriedly walk away.  I put the tickler on my chest. My heart was still beating so fast from the scene where I fled. 

I was doing the breathing technique while preparing his order in the tray. I was planning to ask my co-worker to deliver the order but decided against it. It would really look as if I was that affected. 

Well, I was.

'Focus, Lana'

With calmness, I put the tray on the table and fixed the coaster and plate in front of him. "Here's your order, S-sir."