Bonding Time

Third Person POV

Derek and Noah step back in Cora’s house after their little talk. Cora who was holding a wide awake Caleb turn towards them. “So how did your little talk go?” She had an amused look on her face it quickly vanished when Caleb started to whimper. She started to bounce him in her arms, Caleb rested his head on her shoulder quieting down but stared at Derek with a look that he couldn’t place his finger on.

“Did you shot him, Noah?” Derek groan when he heard his creepy uncle voice. “I did what I had to do” Cora barked out a laugh as she holds Caleb carefully. “Ha! It looks like I’m the most loved Hale to be born!” She chuckled, Caleb had started cooing. The simple action made Cora smiled. “Do you agree, Charmer?” Caleb smacked his lips together. “Yeah!” Cora smirked at Peter who rolled his eyes. Cora walked over to Chloe’s carry-cot since she was still asleep. 

“What’s that suppose to mean?” Derek asked confused. “Well, thanks to you I’ve gotten shot twice when I went to tell Noah Stiles was leaving” Derek winced. “I’m surprised you didn’t shot him to death” Cora laughed out, while Noah shrugged. “Temping but I wouldn’t want an angry Stiles on my back” Peter chuckled and walked over to Noah. “I’m a bit hurt that you shot him once but me twice” Noah only chuckled and laced their fingers together which took Peter by surprise.

“And I’m happy that you didn’t die because of them” Noah than dragged him away with him outside, he had looked back at Derek giving the werewolf a small smile before heading out. “Is it me or are they getting cheeky?” Derek turns around to see his little sister beside Caleb who was playing with his pacifier. “I don’t know,” He said but knew that Cora knows something is up. “Okay, somebody has to tell Cora something or else she’s going to go all out Cupid” Derek stood in front of her as she crosses her arms over her chest.

“You know we haven’t talked since..” Derek trailed off once he saw that Cora got his drift. “You know if I’m being honest I miss you” She stands up and wraps her arms around Derek. “But I still hate you for leaving Stiles on her own with me” Caleb made a noise of protest which cause Cora to giggle. “I see someone is jealous” She pulls away from Derek and turns around to Caleb. “Can I?” Derek asked, for some reasons Derek is nervous to hold his son. “Of course!” She lifts up Caleb who clapped his hands and turn to Derek. “Just a reminder, Caleb can understand what you say and yes he can talk so don’t let him take you for an idiot” And then Derek felt the softness of Caleb in his arms. 

Caleb was soft against his skin. The pup was looking at Derek with wonder, a look that Stiles normally wear when she’s thinking hard. Derek holds the baby upon his side and watches closely for the pup’s reaction. Caleb had been a little startled when he felt the transfer from a familiar arm to a completely different one but for some reason, he didn’t feel scared. He felt like he was at home. The smell of lavender and pine touched Derek’s nose that it made his wolf happy. My pup, MINE!

“Hi, there buddy” Caleb look at the man’s face, he then tilted his head to the side and look at the man closer. “You look like my sister” It did surprise Derek really when he heard Caleb said that. “You have the same hair like her” The boy then paused. “Wait but I have black hair too!” Cora gives Derek a look but she only just pick up a sleeping Chloe from out of her carry-cot and walk upstairs. “If you want Erica and the others they went back to your loft for some things for Daisy and if you need me I’m in the pups room!” Cora shouted over her shoulder. Derek looks at Caleb to see him staring at me. “Who are you?” The one-year-old asked tilting his head adorably.