Chapter 2

"I know I'm selfish, but I would never let you go."
                                                                   - Lucian Black
***

"Bullshit !"

A loud and ugly screech of the chair scraping against the floor could be heard the moment I stood up instantly when I realised what he'd just said.

All I could feel in that moment was that burning sensation in my heart, I was fuming with anger.

I stared at him with disgust, "What the fuck is your problem ?! I didn't know people these days are that rude. Even though you're some sort of a rich guy doesn't mean you can do whatever you want. Sorry to break it to you but I'm NOT a prostitute."

What he had just said definitely got on my last nerve.

I swiftly grabbed my bag on the chair and strutted towards the door but the moment I walked past him he got up and grabbed my arm so quickly that I couldn't even process what had just happened.

And just like that, I was pulled towards his hard chest, his fingers wrapped around my wrist so tightly that I could feel the blood cutting off my hand.

My heart slammed in my chest painfully, and for once in my life I felt so threatened and small. I could feel my eyes brimming with tears but I tried my very best to push them back, I know if I showed even a slight trace of fear he would take advantage of that. And I couldn't afford that.

So with my feigned bravery, I looked up and stared straight into his eyes.

But the second my eyes met with his, I froze. His eyes were so cold, so empty and emotionless. I got the chills and goosebumps almost instantly.

Then, his face moved closer and closer to mine and my eyes widened ever so slightly with his every movement but I couldn't move, I felt as if I was paralysed on the spot.

Couldn't take it anymore, I finally surrendered. I closed my eyes tightly, ready to brace whatever he was planning to do.

A second passed.

And another.

The hard thumps of my heart could be heard loud and clear. But nothing happened.

Just when I thought he wasn't trying anything, his warm, minty breath caressed the side of my face.

I swallowed hard, a mix of fear, anxiety and - anticipation ? swarmed through my mind.

Then ... he laughed.

He freaking laughed.

I clenched my fists, to think that I was actually anticipating something just a second ago infuriates me but for the most part of it, I feel ashamed of myself.

How can you be so horny, Rosie ! Now he's mocking you !

Mustering all my energy and the little amount of dignity that I have left, I pushed him away as far away as possible.

"I thought you quite enjoyed it just a moment ago, what happened ?" He smirked.

"Just cut it. What do you want from me ?"

"Didn't I tell you earlier? I want you." He took a step towards me.

I stepped back a bit, " Honestly, one I'm not one of your sluts and two I would've never ever have sex with you for as long as I live. So if you'd excuse me, I'm gonna leave now."