Revenge

Revenge by  @WriterSKR

Revenge by @WriterSKR

Cover:
I personally love bold colours on dark/devilish themed books, so I'd say I like your cover. I love the combination of black and red, though I think with a smoky/shadow effect you can make it more mysterious!

Blurb:
I love the blurb! I believe it held the perfect dose of information as well as Intriguing phrases. My favourite quote would be "Wrapped up in lies" that line just had me so interested special after the revelation of the murders. If you tweak it slightly and elaborate some of your points, it will be amazing!

Characters descriptions:
usually I'm the type of person to make the character description vague, however you went for bold which really suits your book as it symbolises the nobility of Wen family. One thing I would say when you say "my mum had sadly passed away last year", it almost makes her sound less humane— as though her mum wasn't important to her, but we know she is, so I'd suggest you change that sentence, it'll help tell the story better! I love the thoughts written in italics, it allows the reader to understand the character better. Though, I think we need a bit more description on Theo, but don't worry about him because something about him (I'd say the dialogue) attracts the reader.

Storyline and plot twist:
I love how you dive into the story, no dragging on. The teasing atmosphere between Theo and Akari almost forebodes a plot twist in the future, Theo's ego and pride give readers the satisfaction of hoping that it will be broken. The idea of starting the book Akari thinking of revenge was a smart move, it's really intriguing!

Dialogue:
I really like your dialogues! I like how realistic it is and how easy it is to get though. To improve it, I'd say check your grammar or just proof read once and it will be shining! Also, Aiko calls her sister, sister, there's nothing wrong with it but it sometimes makes the reader stutter, so they understand what is being said, maybe you can change that?

Language choice and vocabulary
I see the flow in your story, which is created by your word choice, but I'd say, you might want to experiment with new words, you know to keep the fire alight. I see bits where you can talk more about how Akari feels, like when she's given her job description, you could expand in her rage with something like, "the engulfing wrath slashed against my throat, stoping me from uttering my mind." — I'm sure you can come up with something better than that!

Grammar and spelling:
Overall,your grammar is pretty good, I've seen some mistakes that will be sorted with a proof read. I'd suggest you find a editor, it really helps with writing a novel!

Reader enjoyment/ overall:
I thought I wouldn't enjoy it much as I'm more of a mystery/thriller person, but honestly speaking, it was amazing! I really enjoyed it, and I love your characters and their mini quarrels.
PS: Theo is my favourite character and I have no idea why :)

Book: https://my.w.tt/UrVhmUwV57

tt/UrVhmUwV57