Chapter 1: The Call

No one likes to be at work on a Tuesday night. 

Tuesdays were always the worst. The supermarket almost looked abandoned since no shoppers occupied the space. There were only three people currently in the store: two clerks who were still in college, and an assistant manager who was two years older than the two. 

Yoongi stands behind the counter of the customer service area, a small book of daily tasks for the evening closers to complete sprawled out in front of him as he checks off some of the things they've already done for the evening since it's been dead for most of the night. He occasionally glances at the two younger employees to make sure they were staying busy since he asked them to organize the candy and small displays by the registers about ten minutes ago, one of the tasks for the evening that he was hoping he could check off soon. 

Minji works faster than Jimin, eager to please as she easily organizes the items since this was a regular routine that she's gotten good at. Yoongi's presence also serves as a motivating factor since she's had a crush on her superior for about six months now, but he didn't know that. 

Jimin glances over at the younger girl, smirking slightly before walking over towards her. "Trying to work on pleasing the boss?" he teases while her head whips up at her friend's voice, a deadly glare directed at him while he simply giggles in response. 

"You're an ass," Minji grumbles while Jimin coos, the task at hand long forgotten as he wraps an arm around her shoulder, ruffling her dyed hair, which is now a bright red color instead of her usual black color. The younger girl huffs in frustration before pushing him away, uttering out a string of curse words at him before focusing back on the candy. 

"When are you finally going to confess?" he asks, leaning against the counter as he watches her working adamantly. 

"None of your damn business," she grits out.

Yoongi glances up at the two when he hears their hushed bickering, frowning when he sees Jimin pestering the girl instead of doing his work. Yoongi just wants to go home, and in order to make sure they get out on time, he needs to make sure that everything gets done in the next two hours before closing time. 

"Jimin, leave her alone," Yoongi scolds. "Besides, you get paid for actually doing something, not just standing around being a nuisance to others," he adds while Minji snorts, letting out a satisfied laugh while Jimin now glares at her before returning back to his station to resume organizing the candy with a small scowl on his face. 

Minji looks at her work, satisfied before turning towards Yoongi. "What next?" she asks while he looks up at her, quirking an eyebrow. 

One of the things Yoongi always liked about working with Minji was that she was always efficient and got things done quick, something that he really admired since he was the same way when it came to work. He glances down at his list before looking up at the eager redhead. 

"The only thing left is to wipe down the counters," he admits. "The rest of it is stuff on my end. Thanks Minji," he says, giving her a small smile of appreciate while the girl blushes at his words, nodding in response before rushing back over towards her register. 

Yoongi finds himself starting at her in amusement before shaking his head, groaning as he stretches. When a ping goes off, his eyes shift to his coworkers to notice Jimin pulling out his phone, a boyish smile on his face as he taps on the screen to type a response to his girlfriend. The frustration is evident on the young assistant manager's face as he continues to stare at Jimin, who is ignorant of his surrounds as yet another ping chimes.