Chapter 6

(Draco's POV)

As the song goes on, Hermione and I become more comfortable. I spin her around, and she twirls like a dream. I don't know what it is. It might be the environment, or her eyes, or the lighting. However, I do know one thing for certain. I'm in love with Hermione Granger. Muggle born, Order of the Phoenix, "Brightest Witch of Her Age" Hermione Granger. And I don't care what everybody else thinks. In my epiphany, however, I get waken up. Hermione asks me, "Are you alright? You seem a bit distant." I nod, but my head and my heart finally agree that a nod isn't enough. I lean over, kissing her. It's gentle, but I get a bit more rough as it goes on. At first, Hermione doesn't kiss me back. She stands there, almost in awe of my bravery. She eventually does respond, standing on her tippy toes to kiss me back. From what I could take from the situation, she wants me bad; I want her worse. I pull her closer by her waist. All of a sudden, Hermione breaks the kiss, running in the other direction. I start to go after her out of the Room of Requirement, but I don't make it too far. I was never one for running. I sit at one of the tables, staring at Hermione's mural of my name. Did I hurt her? Did...does she regret kissing me? Does she just not want me? I scowl in my head. Maybe she's stuck on that Weasel. Even worse...what if she wants Potter? Scenarios are brewing in my head, and each of them are worse than the last! I'm scared. Yes, Draco Malfoy is scared. Not for me, for her. What if...what if she's mad at me? She could say that I kissed her! My reputation, well that's a given, but I don't even care anymore! But just think. If she exposes that I'm in love with her, Father will be furious! Being a Death Eater and all, if I do a single thing wrong, they'll go after what I love most: Hermione Jean Granger. Showcasing any feelings toward her is dangerous. I don't know what to do. It's even worse because she doesn't even know that dangers of it. I wish only to tell her. All of a sudden, parchment and an ink quill appear in front of me. I smile, remembering it's the Room of Requirement. I write down every single exact thought I just had, and without a second thought, I sign it "Love, Draco". I think of an owl, who appears in front of me as well. I hand him the letter, telling him where to bring it. My fingers are crossed that owl knows what he's doing. Both my future and Hermione's depend on it.