Euphoria

Emotions are hard.

They're hard to experience.

They're even harder to put into words.

The grief you feel when a loved one dies and you know you'll never see them again is so much worse than sadness when a play ends and you know you have to leave the theatre. The joy you feel when a baby laughs for the first time is so much better than the happiness you feel when you take a bite of a pretzel. The rage you feel when someone insults someone you're close to is so much more than the anger you feel when someone keeps making a repetitive noise after you've asked them to stop.

And you never know when you're going to feel any particular emotion at maximum intensity. You never know when you're going to be that sad or that happy or that angry again.

Heat. Overwhelming heat. That's all I can say to describe this emotion. But not the kind of heat that's suffocating. It's more like coming inside from a winter storm and taking a sip of a hot drink. It's the kind of warmth that relaxes your whole body and gives you a tingling sensation in your fingers and toes, butterflies in your stomach and tears in your eyes. It's that kind of relief except that you never realised how cold you were before.

That's how it feels when you meet your soulmate.

It's a sensation that twists your chest in knots in the best way possible—a rush of serotonin and adrenaline so intense you feel like you could drown in it.

The warmth starts in your heart when you look into their eyes. You can't look away even if you want to. Then it spreads from your chest down into your stomach and up into your throat. You finally manage to blink at the same time they do and then your eyes can drink in the rest of them; they say your soulmate is always your ideal "type," but it's more than that. Your soulmate becomes your type—or rather, your type becomes them. They were made for you, after all; you don't have much of a choice other than to desire them instantly. After that, the warmth travels into every cell of your body. You feel like you can't breathe and yet you feel like you're breathing for the very first time.

It's a rush of emotion so intense you're certain you can't experience anything like it ever again.

And then you touch them. You smell them. You hear them. You taste them. You get to experience everything about them. Their lips, their hair, their skin, their laugh, their favourite colour—each new experience brings back that rush. You get high off of their appearance, their personality, their presence, their very existence in the world—in your world.

There's something holy about the moment you meet the other half of your soul. Something to which mortal words can't do justice.

The only word that even comes close is...euphoria.

Did I just come back from my hiatus with a super-short 500-word drabble based on a song I like? Yes. Yes, I did. Do I feel bad about this being all I've given you for over a year? Yes. Yes, I do. Am I going to give you more in the near future? Only time will tell. Time and my stupid, dumb brain that won't give me any more ideas. Drop requests in the comments, I'd love to get some feedback and ideas for more AUs. I'm currently stuck on trying to write a sequel to "Midnight," as someone requested. I know the ending for that one wasn't very satisfying but I really don't know how to continue it. I really appreciate all of you guys bearing with me here.

Also, if you like BTS, you might like my new fanfiction, Beyond Repair. Crappy self-promo, I know. No regrets, tho. :)

I love you all, my lovely lovelies, and I hope you'll stick around! There are good things coming, I can feel it!