One My Own

"Do you have your map?"

"What about food?"

"Did you remember to pack your blade?"

"Do you have enough money? You know what, we can probably scrounge up a little extra just to be safe."

The entire crew started digging in their pockets and boots trying to find any loose change they may have on them.

"Men! Men! Relax! I'm fine! I've got everything I need." Jack said adjusting the sack on his shoulders.

He knew that they were all just overly worried about him because of his charm and they couldn't help it but god he wished they'd just send him off like any other pirate who had to leave the crew for a bit.

You see, recently a lot of people had been gunning for Jack lately. When he turned fifteen people started to take more notice of him on his father's ship and more specifically how he was treated on it. It was no secret that he was treasured by the crew as they were incapable of hiding it.

The rumors of how far they'd go for him had really began to spread when once the crew had given up most their treasure and possessions just to bribe a single guard to let him out of jail after he was caught pick pocketing in a town they'd stopped at.

When people began to hear about the type of money his father's crew, his father's very well known very wealth crew, would give just to ransom him they'd all seemed to get in their heads the quickest way to get rich or even have the infamous Captain Teague and his crew do a favor for you was to capture him.

Which was true, but that's besides the point.

So, about six months later, in order to keep him safe and get rid of a liability Teague had given Jack two choices. Either go stay with his ruthless grandmother until things calm down again or go fend for himself for a bit in the nearest port town. Where he'd have to wait for them to come get him when things cooled. He's have no guarantee of shelter or food or any money past what they gave him when he was dropped off. He wouldn't know when they were coming back or if they were coming back and he couldn't get a job or get arrested because he couldn't let himself be noticed or recognized in the town.

Jack had chosen the port town in a heartbeat. Anything was better then staying with his insane grandmother. Who'd sooner ransom him out herself before protecting him from it.

"Wise choice." His father had said when he'd chosen.

Now, they were dropping him off in the most unpopulated area of the docs, late at night so that their ship wasn't likely to be recognized if they kept the sails up and the flag down.

Jack for his part was excited and raring to go. He saw this as a great chance to finally go out on his own and not have an entire crew of over protective men hanging over him at all times. For once he wouldn't have to sneak off the ship to finally go off on his own. This was also a good chance for Jack to finally experiment with his powers a bit more. Something he was reluctant to do with the crew, heeding to his father warning and not using his charm actively on anyone close to him. Besides these guys were affected enough just by being around him too much. Anyways, Jack was excited to go out and explore on his own.

The crew on the other hand were less than thrilled.

"Are we sure this is for the best? How do we know he won't be found here also?" One of the men spoke up starting them all up again debating what was best for Jack. It was soon turning into an all out fight when a loud shot was heard through the air.

They all stopped and looked up to see Captain Teague walking over.

"Would you lot stop it! He's practically a man at this point anyways. It's about time he set off on his own and find his own way." Teague said a couple of them men got alarmed looks.