1) Weekend Agenda

Thursday (Cafeteria)

I swear fifth period lunch is the worst, it's always loud and crowded.

"So chicas, what are we doing this weekend?" Leah asked in a mischievous voice.

"Oh yeah I totally forgot," Jas responded "Drew's birthday party is this weekend. You're both invited."

"Oh yeahh, we're there." Leah said while doing her happy dance.

"I'm not a party person, ya'll know that." I complained.
"I know, but Drew said it's gonna be a small thing. Just food and good vibes. Ya'll can sleep by me the night before." Jas persisted.

"Okayy," I reluctantly gave in "but I swear if Rian so much as looks at me I'm going home."

"You really gatta get over that." Leah added.

"Oh I am."

"Doesn't sound like it." Jas chuckled.

"Yeah whatever I'm goin to my locker." I said with an eye-roll. They both laughed as i made my way out of the cafeteria.

Just to fill you in, Rian is the boy that lead me on an entire school year just so he could pop out with a girlfriend on the last day. And no, I could not have seen it coming. We were like bestfriends, he cared for me and I for him. He even asked me to make it official a few times but I was hesitant, and he didn't want me to feel pressured. That's the kinda guy he is, or was I guess. Not to my surprise though, he and the girl broke up by the end of summer. Honestly I wish I could just forget him, but unfortunately we go to the same school and he's Drew's brother.

Anyway enough about him, lemme tell you about my girls. Leah and Jas are my day ones. We've been together since first grade. Leah is the carefree, lovable one and Jas is the mean looking one with the heart of gold. They're polar opposites but somehow always on the same accord. Jas has been with her boyfriend Drew since eight grade. He's super chill and sorta like our brother. Leah on the other hand is more of a 'free spirit' but still a hopeless romantic. Doesn't really make sense I know, but she just is. These two are my everything. They're here for me whenever I need them even when I don't ask or want them to be.

"Cree!" a familiar voice called out.

"No way." I said under my breath before running into the girls bathroom.

I know it might seem like I'm overreacting but I really can't look at him. You know that one person that annoys you to the max. Like even a mention of their name makes you roll your eyes. Well Rian is that person, and I just can't with him, especially on what seems to be a never ending school day.

"Cree, come out please." Rian pleaded "I just wanna talk."

"He has to be crazy." I whispered to myself.

Eventually I heard his footsteps retreat. I looked down the corridor to see if he was still there then made my way to class. As my luck would have it we have the same class next, but thankfully we sit on opposite sides. As I stepped into Mr. Kelly's dreary math class, I felt Rian's piercing eyes target me. Isn't it crazy how a simple stare can cause you forget how to walk? I nearly took out an entire row of desks stumbling to the other end of the classroom. When I got to my desk I pulled out the chair to see a folded page of notepad paper sitting on it. I almost threw it away before I saw my name written on the other side. Of course it's his handwriting.

"Ms. Jones are you going to stand up for the next forty minutes or do you plan on sitting down?" Mr. Kelly asked me with his usual level of sarcasm.

I heard a few giggles as I sunk down in the plastic chair. I really do hate it here sometimes. Honestly I have no idea what Mr. Kelly taught today. I was too busy fidgeting in my seat while Rian stared at me. I guess he was expecting me to open the note right there, but I didn't.

When I got home I threw myself across the bed and held the slightly crumpled note in my hand. For a second I thought about just throwing it away , but I knew if I did that it would just be on my mind all night and I'd eventually read it. The message was short and to the point.

"Cree, first of all I'm sorry about what I did to you. You of all people didn't deserve that, but if you'll let me explain I think you'll understand why I did it. Drew told me you're coming to the party, so I'd like to talk when I see you. -Ri"

Where're the cameras? Cause this has to be a joke. There no way he's serious. Right? What does he mean "why I did it."? I really wanna know, but I'm afraid when I find out won't even want to anymore.

Friday Night (Jas' house)

"Okay ya'll gatta help me find an outfit. I brought some options." I told the girls.

"Ouuu try on haul!" Leah cheered. After modeling several options, I came to my final and favorite. It was a mustard yellow, crotchet, off the shoulder crop top with light blue bell bottom jeans and cute brown sandals. "Okay Model!" Leah chanted.

"You know Rian's gonna be staring." Jas teased.

"I swear Cree only dresses like that when Rian's around" Leah added.

"I dress like this because I'm a confident young woman whose not afraid to show some skin." I argued. Jas and Leah gave me a look that said they really didn't believe a word I just said. "Okay maybe I like to tease him a bit."

"We feel you sis. Just don't get all stupid when he tries something." Leah replied.

"Of course. I know better." I answered in a not so convincing voice. Jas and Lee exchanged looks but decided to let it go.

Me and the girls spent the rest of the night eating ice cream and watching Clueless. I swear if my future boyfriend isn't like Josh, I don't want him! I'm not gonna lie I'm anxious about tomorrow. I haven't been to their house since the whole thing happened before summer. I also haven't decided if I'm gonna hear him out yet, but I have a strong feeling that I won't have a choice.